Chapter 3

*Girl's point of view*

When I woke up, everything was fuzzy. I could tell I was on a bed, probably at the DWMA's hospital. It took me a while for my head to stop spinning before I could finally make-out my friends. Surprisingly, Soul was the one sitting right by the bed holding my hand.

"Welcome back," he said in a voice that wasn't his. It sounded like Kid. But that couldn't be, could it?

"Soul?" I questioned him. His face was confused, like something wasn't right.

"Girl it's me. Your brother," he told me.

"Then why do you look like Soul?" I asked.

"It's the kishin's wavelength. It scrambled up the appearances of the people close to you," Maka's dad, Spirit, said in Professor Stein's voice.

"So you're Professor Stein right? Not Spirit?" I asked him. His chuckle was more like a cackle in response. He was hysterical.

"Oh God no! Ha!" he breathed. It took him a few minutes to get over such humor. "Sorry. Anyway, this is going to last for about two weeks. For now you just need to make the best of it."

"So wait, my sister is supposed to look at me like I'm someone else?!" Soul- I mean Kid asked.

"Sorry brother. That's how it works," I shrugged.

"But wait who do you see as who?"

"Well, you look like Soul but you're Kid. And... Maka?" Tsubaki raised her hand. "You look like Tsubaki to me."

One by one I told them who they looked like to me. Patty looked like Maka. Tsubaki looked like Liz. Liz looked like Patty. And from the boys, Crona looked like Kid. Soul looked like Crona. And Black Star looked like... Black Star.

"How come I'm not any different to you?" Black Star asked.

"Guess you're not as important  to me. Sorry." I shrugged. "Guys I'm a bit tired. Can I have a nap."

"Sure," Tsubaki- I mean Maka said. She led the others out of the room.

"Get some sleep," Kid said. I'll try.

***

I was still getting used to people being mixed up. Tsuki, was still the same, since she was my partner. But the medicine that I'd been taken has been helping. Last week, for a split second, Kid looked like Kid again. And Maka was Maka all morning today!

I think I'm slowly getting better. I can finally tell which person is confused as which person, but for some reason, only my friends are mixed up. I mean, Hero is still Hero. And Excalibur, *cringe*, is sadly Excalibur.

"Girl!" Tsuki snapped me out of my daydreams.

"What?" I asked her.

"Are you going to eat that?" she motioned to my untouched ham and cheese sandwich from a cross the lunch table.

"Yes!" I said, sinking my teeth into it. Before the cheese burnt my tongue. "Ow!"

"Ha!" Tsuki started laughing.

"That's not funny!" I said with a wicked lisp.

"Yeah it is!" she gasped between giggles. The rest of the gang was making their way to our table. Tsubaki, or (as I saw her) Liz, of course carrying Black Star's food. He was off gloating.

"Hey guys," I greeted.

"Sup?" Soul (looking like Crona) asked.

"Not much. What up with you?" I asked back.

"Not much. Maka's still being annoying as ever."

"Hey!" Maka (looking like Tsubaki) retorted. That sent us all giggling. Well, except Crona.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I don't like that," Crona (looking like Kid) mumbled.

"Don't like what?" I asked again.

"I don't like that my new friend sees me as her brother," he mumbled.

"Aw! You care!" I gushed, squeezing him in a hug.

"Hey! Paws off!" I heard Ragnarok's voice.  The little guy pushes me off of Crona immediately.

"I wasn't trying to hug you," I rolled my eyes.

"Ragnarok, that's not nice," Crona blushed. Ragnarok looked angrily at him.

"Oh what?! Now your into girls?! What's wrong with you Crona?! Get your head straight!" he yelled, punching poor Crona in the head multiple times.

"Stop it Ragnarok! That hurts!"

"Ok that's enough," Kid (looking like Soul) said pulling Ragnarok's fists away from Crona.  This was almost the weirdest sight of my life. Behind that one time when I walked in on my father dancing around his room without his cloak and mask, singing "Every time We Touch." The boys were now arguing. Well, except Soul (who looks like Crona)  and Black Star, who were eating my sandwich and bragging about themselves. Wait....Eating my sandwich!

"Soul! Give it!" I yell at him. He looks at me innocently, using Crona's face to his total advantage.

"But you weren't eating it," he pouted. I grabbed the ham and cheese from him.

"Mine," I huffed.

***************************************************

Crona: looks like Kid

Kid: looks like Soul

Soul: looks like Crona

Professor Stein: looks like Spirit

Maka: looks like Tsubaki

Tsubaki: looks like Liz

Liz: looks like Patty

Patty: looks like Maka

That's all. If you get confused, here's the thingy.