Chapter 1

"Come on Kid. What do you really think?" I asked him.

"I don't like it," he said bluntly.

"What? Why? It's symmetrical," I tried to convince him.

"No it's not!" he barked. "It's a monstrosity! I can't stand to see my little sister wearing that!"

"What's wrong with it?"

"Why is your right shoulder exposed and your left isn't?! That's not symmetry!"

"No, I just forgot to pull my dress up onto my shoulder." I pulled it up before asking my brother again. "What do you think."

"You look very nice, Girl. We have to go now I promised to meet up with Maka and Black Star to work on our team resonance."

"Yeah, ok let's go. But can I come too? I want to watch how you guys do that."

"You just want to see Patty and Crona don't you?"

"No!"

"Girl, you can't trick me, I'm your older brother."

"Ok, fine yes."

***

"What took you so long Kid?" Maka asked him

"Girl asked me if she could come. She had trouble finding her scooter," he answered.

"Well that's unacceptable!" I heard a familiar voice. Black Star. He came trotting behind me with Tsubaki by his side.

"I was kept waiting. And Black Star shouldn't have waited. I am the greatest warrior in the world!" he blew his own horn again.

"Hey don't yell at me!" I retorted. "And I'm trying ok?"

"You're trying harder to be a better meister I see. How's Tsuki?" Maka asked me.

"She's good. We're getting better with our soul resonance. But it's still a bit unstable. I'm thinking about asking Professor Stein for some help," I told her.

"You should definitely talk to him about that," she agreed.  

"Are we gonna practice or what?" Soul interrupted.

"Oh, sorry. I'll step back," I stuttered. I ran back to a tree that was a few meters back.

"Oh, hi Girl," a soft voice said to me. My head turned to see Crona sitting on the edges about four feet from my left.

"Hi Crona," I said back. "How are you?"

He mumbled, "I'm alright. How are you?"

"I'm great." I looked back to Kid and the others. The show had begun. "I wish I could do that one day."

Crona shifted, bringing his knees to his chest. "Maybe you can one day," he blushed.

"You really think so? That's sweet of you Crona." I smiled at him. His cheeks went a deep crimson. It was kind of adorable.

"No, no. I don't think I could be that nice. Only Maka's that nice.

"You're nice too Crona. You really are. That's why we're friends right?"

"Friends?"

"Yeah, I'm your friend. Just like Maka. I want to be your friend Crona."

"Really?"

"Of course! So can we be friends? You can say 'no' if you want." He was silent for a while before saying.

"Ok. We could be friends. It's ok with me."

"Yay! Crona's my new friend! Thank you."  Kid and Maka had already linked souls and were heading towards Black Star. It was quite amazing to see the seven of the link souls so perfectly like that. Once all seven were resonated,  the feeling of power was like a rush of wind. It was cool and kind of refreshing.

"Wow," I said. "Is that how that much power feels like?" I asked Crona.

"Yeah. You kind of get used to it after a while," he shrugged a little.

"I don't think I could get used to that. Ever," I said. But just as fast as it happened, the resonance ended. Everyone went back to normal.

"What did you think of the show little sister?" Kid questioned.

I clapped and cheered," Wonderful!"

"Well did you expect any less? I am Black Star aren't I?" Black Star honked again. Could that guy be any more pompous.

"Don't be so cocky Black Star," Soul managed to shut him up.

"Thanks for the complement Girl," Maka interjected. "Maybe one day you'll be able to soul resonate with Tsuki. She seems like a great partner."

"She is," I said. "And I don't think I'll be able to be as good as you, or Black Star or Kid. You guys were able to defeat a kishin. I will never reach that level."

"Don't doubt yourself Girl. You're at the top of your class remember," Maka told me.

"I know but still."

"Can you stop doubting yourself sis?" Kid questioned. "You're a reaper for crying out loud." 

"Could we stop talking about this, I'm hungry," I heard an annoying kind of high pitched voice.

"Hey Ragnarok," I sigh.

"Yeah, yeah lets get to eatin'!" he exclaimed.

"Calm down. I'm not just here to watch you guys," I told him, "I am here to invite you to a party I'm throwing tonight. Kind of a celebration that Dad is almost fully recovered and that the kishin is gone. What do you say?"

"I'm in," Maka answered

"Me too," Soul said.

"Count us in," Liz answers for both Patty and herself.

"We'll be there," Black Star informed me.

"What about you Crona?" I asked him. He stood from where he was  and headed towards the rest of us.

"Yeah, that would sound great," he shyly smiled.

"Great. I'll see you guys at eight," I grabbed my scooter and looked at my brother. "Race you home."

"I think I'm up for that," he smirked. He grabbed his skateboard and beat me home. Now I owe him money. Just great.