Chapter Seventeen

Waking up the next morning, someone -Wren I assume-had draped a blanket over me. Wait, glancing around I was asleep on the couch and wondered why. Suddenly everything from the night before came flooding back to me, Tony and him leaving. It was as though an icy numb feeling was spreading through my whole body, right to my fingertips and toes. He said we weren’t breaking up but why did it feel that way?

~ 4 Days Later ~

"Spicy beef tacos, mild veggie burrito and ribs to table fifteen", said one of the chefs, pointing at each of the plates in turn.

Mindlessly balancing the first plate on the inside of my wrist and the other two on my hands I pushed through the swinging door of the kitchen and out into the dining room. It had been a long four days since Tony had left and at this point I was doing the least I had to do to get by. My days consisted of work, school, eating and sleeping, nothing more and nothing less. I hadn't realised how much I'd come to depend on the tattooed boy in a week. But now with him gone I was struggling to feel ok without him. For the last four days it had been all the same, this empty numb feeling inside.  Sure, the threats and messages had slowed to one or two a day, but was being without him really worth it? Did he even want to be with me? I mean he hadn't called and it had been four days. All in all I had no idea what to think. Weaving through the tables, I let my feet carry me to table fifteen. Glancing up for a moment to make sure I was going in the right direction I froze. No, no, no, no, no. Not them, anyone but them. Sitting at table fifteen was the three people I had not expected to see in a million years and now that they were here I didn't want to see them. Vic, Jaime and Mike were sitting at table fifteen, talking between themselves. Jaime seemed to be telling some sort of story which required animated hand gestures. Taking a deep breath I walked slowly over to the table.

"Uh, spicy tacos?" I mumbled, praying that the guys wouldn't recognise me.

"Thanks", Vic said and I placed the plate in front of him.

"The burrito's mine Tori", said Jaime with a smile.

I placed the plate in front of him, and the third plate in front of Mike.

"So, what's going on?" Jaime asked.

I shrugged before answering in a flat voice, "Not much."

"We need to talk", said Vic quietly, "When do you finish?"

I glanced up at the clock on the wall, "In fifteen minutes. I'll meet you here."

Vic nodded and I made my way back to the kitchen. The last fifteen minutes of my shift passed by slowly. What on Earth could Vic want to talk to me about? It was about Tony of that I was certain, but what? They sure as hell didn't want to talk about the weather. Did he want to break up with me? Were people giving him hate too? I didn't think I could take that. Ending my shift I untied my apron and grabbed my bag, making my way into the dining room. Slowly walking over to table fifteen, I stood awkwardly in front of it.

"Sit, sit", said Jaime scooting over so I could slide in next to him.

Sitting across from Vic I gave him a fake smile, "What's going on?"

"It’s Tone", said Vic simply.

Of course it was Tony, why would Vic and the guys want to talk to me otherwise?

"What's going on?" I asked quietly.

"Well what's going on with the two of you?" Vic asked kindly.

"Has Tony told you what's been going on?" I looked down at the table.

"Sort of", Vic replied, "He was kinda vague about the whole thing."

"Well it's kind of a long story", I mumbled.

Telling Vic, Jaime and Mike about the whole incident was kind of like a weight lifting off my chest. A big, slutty Carly shaped weight. I started from the beginning and told them everything from the first messages and Katy (which Vic already knew about), to The Peir and 'cooling off'. They were quiet the whole time, expect for Jaime's quiet gasps.

"Well that explains everything", Mike said once I'd finished my story, "God, Carly's such a bitch."

"You know her?" I asked Mike, who nodded in response.

"Yeah. We dated once, for like an month. And she fucked me over", he replied.

"Oh. Explains every what?" I looked at him, slightly lost.

"You really haven't talked to Tony in a few days haven't you?" Vic asked and I shook my head, "Tori, you need to see him, he's a mess. I don't think he's come out of his room all week and I know for a fact that he's drinking in there."

My eyes widened in shock, I hadn't realised he'd taken everything so hard. I thought I was the only one having trouble coming to terms with things, but Tony seemed to have taken this worse than I had, but why? It was his idea.

"What?" I felt tears welling in my eyes, "No. It's my fault. He blames himself, that's why he left yesterday."

"You need to go and see him", said Mike, "We've tried to talk to him but he doesn't say anything to us. You've got the best chance of getting him to talk."

I nodded, feeling a selfish little spark inside that was slightly happy about Tony needing me as much as I needed him, "So what do you think I should do?"

"You have to come over and talk to him", said Jaime definitely, "Tonight. He's in a funk Tor."

I nodded again, "Ok. I'll be over later. I have a few things to do first. Hey Mike, do you have Carly's number?"

"Yeah, sure", Mike said, raising his eyebrows, "Why?"

"I need to give her a call", I replied.

He shrugged, reading the number from his phone. I quickly saved it into my phone and thanked him. Vic gave me a small smile as we all stood up, he opened his arms and I hugged him quickly before walking from Sombrero's. The quick drive home passed in no time and soon I was sitting in my room, computer open and phone pressed against my ear, waiting for Carly to pick up. I was going to give her a taste of her own medicine.

"Hello?" A perky voice pulled me from my thoughts.

"Hello Carly?" I replied confidently.

"Hello who is this?" She asked and I heard her voice crack nervously.

"It's Tori. Tony's girlfriend."

I heard a small gasp from the other end of the line, "How did you get this number?"

"It doesn't matter", I brushed it off, I could feel anger at all that she'd done building inside of me, "All that matters is that you need to leave Tony and I alone."

"What are you going to do if I don't?" She challenged.

"I'm going to do exactly what you've done to me. I'm going to post your phone number online, along with the story of everything you've done to me."

"Nobody's going to believe you", she defended, but I could hear the uncertainty in her voice.

"I've been online too Carly. I've seen the fan base in action", I replied confidently.

I wasn't a bitchy person but I was one hundred per cent done with her crap.

"You get twenty four hours to get rid of my number or you'll have trouble", I said finally before hanging up.

Dropping my phone onto my bed and falling back. Being a bitch was hard work. Closing the computer, I sat up. I had no intention of posting Carly's number online, but scare tactics worked wonders.