Chapter Eleven

Rolling into the patch of sunlight cast into the bed through the window I sighed happily. Throwing my hand out I waited for it to connect with a warm tattooed body, Tony. Feeling only empty sheets I rolled over, slowly opening my eyes. The bed was empty, a mess of black and white sheets and dark purple quilt. Sitting up abruptly I began to panic. Where had Tony disappeared to? Glancing around my room I shook my head in confusion. Everything was the same, except the fact that Tony was gone. With a small sigh I began to swing my legs over the edge of the bed and froze, pressing a hand to my mouth to stifle a laugh. Tony lay on the floor next to my bed, one arm was thrown over his chest and the other out to his side. His dark hair was splayed around his head. He looked so peaceful and I couldn’t bear to wake him. Pulling the blanket off my bed I gently laid it over him, since although the sun was shining in through the window the room was still chilly. I watched as he subconsciously pulled the blanket around himself. Leaping over him I pulled a on a pair of grey UGG boats and opened my bedroom door. Raking my golden hair into a messy bun I snuck a glance back at Tony before closing the door, leaving him in my room. Padding down the stairs I looked into the living room and thanked God that my brother was barely at home. Bottles and red plastic cups were scattered around everywhere and I wondered how six people could consume so much alcohol. Sitting midway down the stairs I looked through the railing to the couches where Mike, Jaime, Vic and Kellin were sprawled and sleeping. Smiling I wondered, not for the first time, what Katy would do if she were in my position. What Katy would do if four of her favourite band members were sleeping in her living room. What Katy would do if Tony Perry had said he loved her less than ten hours ago. A goofy smile split my face and I leaned my head against the stair railing.

"Tori?" A quiet voice came from behind me.

Turning around, Vic stood at the top of the stairs looking down at me.

"Hey", I replied quietly, "What's up?"

"Nothing much", he sat down on the step next to me, "You're up early?"

"Vic, it's like ten o'clock", I laughed quietly.

"Yeah but look at everyone else, dead to the world", he motioned to the other guys sleeping around the living room.

"I guess. Why're you up?" I asked quietly.

Vic shook his head and laughed, "I have no freaking idea."

I laughed with him, a comfortable silence falling over us. We sat like we were old friends, it was easy being with Tony and his friends. They were friendly and easy to talk to.

Finally Vic broke the silence, "Where's Tone this morning?"

My eyes flickered to my bedroom door and back to Vic and his eyes widened, "You didn't?"

"No, no, no, no!" I shook my head, attempting to dismiss whatever thoughts were in Vic's head, "If you go in there now you'll actually find him sleeping on the floor."
Vic grinned, "What?"

"Wait, what are you thinking?"
"Well after that dare last night you two never came out of your room and I just thought", he trailed off.

"No", I laughed, "We just talked."

"Oh", Vic smiled, "Well then-"
Vic was cut off by the loud message tone of my phone, sitting on the kitchen bench.

"Turn that freaking thing off!" Mike yelled from the couch, tossing a pillow at the bench and pulling one over his head.

Jumping up I jogged down the stairs and to the bench, grabbing my phone I opened the message and began to read. It was from an blocked number:

You filthy skank. You should just go jump off a cliff cause no one likes you. xx

Strolling back to the stairs it took a moment for the words to register in my brain, and the message to sink in. Feeling my legs give way I collapsed onto the bottom step. My whole body felt numb, from head to toe.