Chapter Eight

Katy's laugh rang out around the restaurant.

"Ugh", she said to Jaime, "I don't know if I could imagine spending majority of the year in a bus."

"It's really not that bad. I mean having to sleep next to this one", he jerked his head at Tony who smiled, "Is pretty terrible."

Tony laughed, "At least my bunk doesn't look like a bomb hit it."

"Don't start with me you freaking turtle", sighed Jaime, taking a bite of his burrito.

"Turtle?" I asked Tony quietly, turning to face him.

"I'll tell you later", he smiled and I widened my eyes.

"There's gonna be a later?" I asked sarcastically.

"Maybe", he said quietly blushing.

I smiled at him, really looking at him for the first time this afternoon. He was wearing a pair of beige shorts and a black tee shirt with a big white Rebel Eight logo on it. Another hat was on his head, holding his dark hair back. Glancing over at Jaime and Katy they were laughing and I was relieved. The earlier awkwardness between the four of us had all but dissolved. Jaime and Katy were now getting along like a house on fire, leaving Tony and I talking quietly between ourselves. Feeling him wrap his arm around my shoulders I smiled and pulled a chip from the stack of salsa covered nachos on my plate.

"Did I tell you how good you looked today?" He asked, and a uncharacteristic giggle escaped my throat causing me to choke on the Dorito I was eating. 

"Thanks", I choked out.

"Sorry about lunch", he murmured dropping his head.

"What? Sorry about what?" I asked, ducking my head to look into his eyes.

"That Jaime came and stuff", he suggested quietly.

"Tony", I paused making him look at me, "I've had a great day."

He smiled slightly, "Really?"

"Really", I confirmed.

He flashed me a smile.

"Do you wanna do something tonight?" I asked.

"Yes", he said instantly before dropping his eyes, embarrassed.

I laughed at him, and he squeezed my shoulder gently.

"So I'm going to go", Katy announced suddenly standing up.

"Ok, well I'll see you-", I was cut off by a dark glance from Katy.

Raising my eyebrows I shot her a questioning glance which she chose to ignore.

Slipping past Jaime she turned to us, "It was nice meeting you guys", she smiled at Jaime then Tony.

"You too", Tony replied quietly.

"I'll call you", said Jaime with a smile.

Katy flushed before turning and walking from the restaurant.

"You'll call?" Tony asked sceptically.

"Yeah", Jaime laughed, "She's hilarious, you'd have noticed if you'd said more than two words to her Turtle."

Tony rolled his eyes before glancing down at me, "I was distracted."

I laughed loudly and a grin spilt Tony's face.

"So what's everyone up to tonight?" asked Jaime, resting his head on his hand.

"Crap", I said suddenly, disappointed, "I have to work."

Tony looked down at me, a sad look in his eyes, "I thought we were gonna hang out?"

"We are. After work", I nodded, "I finish at ten and if you still want to you can come over."

Tony grinned, "Awesome."

"So what are we doing this afternoon?" Jaime asked, looking at us expectantly.

"What time do you start work?" Tony asked me.

"Four", I nodded glancing down at the time on my phone, "and it's two now."

"Let's go to the pier!" Jaime bounced up and down excitedly.

I looked up at Tony who looked down at me simultaneously.

"Oh aren't you two just the cutest", Jaime gushed flamboyantly.

Rolling my eyes at him, I turned back to Tony, "I should probably get home. I mean I'd love to go to the pier but I need a shower and whatever."

Tony nodded, "Ok well can I give you a ride home?"

"Well I was hoping you'd ask", I said sarcastically sliding from the booth with Tony following close behind.

As Jaime led us from Sombrero's I felt Tony grab my hand. Looking up at him I smiled and nudged him with my hip. He grinned and wrapped the arm holding my hand around my shoulders, leaving me tangled in a mess of arms. Letting go of his hand I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"You're pretty cute. You know that?" He whispered.

Pulling my head away from his shoulder to look up at him I narrowed my eyes, " 'Cute' isn't exactly the word most people would use to describe me."

"You don't like it?" I watched hurt fill his eyes.

"No, no, no. I like it", I smiled, pressing my hand against his side reassuringly.

He smiled as we reached the car and he unlocked the doors.
"Cute, pretty, beautiful, you're all of them", he said before disappearing into the drivers seat of the car, leaving me leaning against the passenger side door with colour flooding my cheeks.

Sliding into the car I sent Tony a sly smile and fastened my seatbelt. 

~ ~ ~

So it's pretty clear that this is a pretty pathetic filler...and i'm sorry...But the next chapter with be awesome!! 

xxx