Letting You Go Was The Hardest Thing - Chapter Four

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

Chaper Four

Picture on the side is Dalton (Actor/Model Rick Malambri). Subject to change in the future.

The moment I closed the door of my old bedroom, I went straight to my bed and plopped down on it heavily with a grunt.

"I can't believe I just did that..." I muttered as I stared up the ceiling of my old bedroom. My anger had somehow dwindled a bit, but it was still there, just like an andrenaline waiting to crash.

Despite that, I felt better, now that I had let it all out in the open. Well, not everything when it came to Dalton, but the repressed feelings that I had against my family for so many years came tumbling out of my mouth like a waterfall. To be honest, it felt good, and it made me feel better about myself.

"Nice room," Mike said and l looked up. He was perusing my room with such scrunity in his eyes, I didn't know if he was being honest or just mocking me.

"Thanks, I guess..." I said, not really sure.

He shrugged and put our suitcases down near the closet. He walked towards my bed and plopped next to me and on instinct, I scooted closer to him, laid my head on his chest as he automatically wrapped his arm around me like a safe cocoon.

I had to say, his chest was mighty damn hard, but it felt good.

"You did good today, Charlie bear," he congratulated me with honesty in his voice. "I thought I was gonna piss my pants, but it was entertaining to watch. The best part was Dalton face," he said, snickering like the tard that he is.

I frowned. I didn't know what to feel about Dalton's reaction. He looked like he was jealous or was he being over-protective? If he was jealous, then, I thought he was over me now that he was marrying Caroline, right?

"What do you mean, Mike?" I asked for clarification.

He snorted. "It's all plain to see, Charlie bear," he expounded. "The guy is still in love with you. I mean, l saw the way he looked at you when you were ranting."

I looked up to him with frown on my face. "That's impossible. He's marrying Caroline, so maybe he got over me and moved on."

Again, he snorted. If he goes on like that, he'd end up like a pig - seriously - a hot pig, that is. "You're so dense, Charlie. Trust me, he had this intense look in his eyes when he was looking at you, and when you mentioned I was your boyfriend, I could tell he was about to snap."

And he definitely did and I was stunned with his hostility. Dalton was never the kind of person to openly show his irritation, and I guess, time had changed us - just like me.

I sighed, finally feeling the effects of the crash as I felt the the energy leaving me. "I don't know, I guess he was being over-protective."

"Whatever you want to believe, cara (dear)..." Mike dragged the last part.

And then, we fell silent - a comfortable one. All these years of evading, dodging my family, had come to a stand still, and truth be told, the moment I stepped inside the house, everything felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. I felt I didn't belong in here and it's just sad to know that everything fucking revolves around Caroline.

It just didn't seem fair, at all. The very least, I could have felt nostalgia, even a tiniest sliver of it, but nothing felt right anymore.

I felt more alone as I ever been.