chapter thirteen

I opened my eyes and found myself laying on the couch that was placed in the basement, the same one where the plan was devised. Lex had informed me that she needed to ease Luke into the face that I was back, so I was left in the darkness of the isolated underground until the time was right.

"And would you like to know a little secret, that I just know you're dying to hear?" Rickey's faint voice whispered through my ear as I was now wide awake. "Tell me," I whispered back.

"Lex was lying to you, Luke doesn't want to see you, You want to know how I found out? I saw him with that girl, you know the one that just got under your skin, oh what's her name, Rebecca? She offered it up a few weeks ago, and you guess it, he succumbed to his urges. They've been together ever since you were declared dead. Did you know they fucked on the day of your so-called funeral? It was his coping mechanism, imagine that?"

I rubbed my temples and breathed deeply, wanting to scream at the top of my lungs. "That's bullshit - Luke wouldn't - you're just trying to get under my skin..."

"Oh is that so? Then tell me, why are you trapped in the basement?" I looked around for any source of technology that could be used to see me and I saw a blinking light coming from the pocket of the jacket. I pulled it out, seeing that it was inside of my phone. "Oh hi there, now I can really see you." I threw my phone on the ground, stomping into it furiously to release my anger, shattering the screen into a thousand tiny pieces.

"How could he fucking do that to me?" I yelled a bit too loud and I could hear footsteps from above me. I laid back down on the couch and pretended as if I was having a nightmare, tossing and turning underneath the blanket. Lex opened the door abruptly and whispered, "Are you alright?" I replied with a yes and she shut the door, leaving me to hide within the darkness.

[ luke ]

I had woken up to the sun shining through the curtain, the sounds of Rebecca's snoring filling my ear as I turned around to face her.

"Good morning babe," She whispers softly as her lips attach to mine with hunger. She straddles my waist as she bends down to kiss my lips once more, her ass pushing against my cock with every movement. "If you keep moving like that baby, I'm gonna cum in my pants.." I whispered, holding onto her hips as she nibbled on my earlobe. "Maybe I want you to cum, something Y/N couldn't make you do, yeah?" The comment had caught me off guard and I was no longer in the moment. "Why have you been comparing every fucking thing you do with me to her, she is dead Rebecca, you have no need to be jealous." I stood up from the bed and ran a hand through my grown-out hair. "And why do you still think she's dead huh? Did you even see a body?"

I turn around to face her. "It doesn't matter, she's dead to me." I could hear her suck in a sharp breath. "I hope you're going to be able to tell her that yourself lover boy because I am not going to stop fucking you just because your true love is actually alive." She stood up from her lying position on the bed and walked past me. I turned to face her. "And what the fuck do you mean?" I asked, the anxious and more angry side of me showing through.

"I don't know, go look in the basement."

[ y/n ]

It wasn't long until I was finally awake and I could see Luke pacing back and forth in front of me. His eyes would flick from me to the floor every other second. I had touched my face numerous times to see if I was actually here and if this wasn't just another dream. When it became clear that it wasn't, I sat up from the couch, leaning down against my thighs, not wanting to meet his eyes.

"Could you please stop pacing and say something to me." I plead, a tear starting to fall down my face.

"Oh, stop all the blubbering," Rickey spoke into my ear, causing me to cry louder due to his obnoxiously loud voice. I made sure to pull my hair forward, making it less obvious that I had an earpiece in. Luke turned his position and faced me, a look of disgust running over his face.