Chapter 7 : Jealousy

Draco’s POV

I woke up feeling amazing. 

Alex Parker, basically the prettiest girl alive liked me back. More or less, she KISSED me. 

Alex was best friends with Potter, and I'd least expected HER to have a crush on me the way I'd been treating them for the past few years...

Though, I couldn't believe that I liked her too. 

A Slytherin falling for a Gryffindor. This was a different story. 

I, Draco Malfoy, the sexy Slytherin bad-ass who could have any girl he liked, chose a Gryffindor girl who was friends with my arch-enemy.

But then again, she was gorgeous, no doubt.

Damn, my lips still felt tingly from our kiss.

She was such a good kisser, I'm so sorry that that wasn't my first kiss.

I wanted to kiss her again and again.

All my senses tingled as I thought back to last night in that dark corridor. 

I saw her beautiful face inching towards mine.

I smelled her coconut scented hair.

I heard her silky smooth voice.

I touched her smooth soft cheeks. 

And I tasted her sweet strawberry tasting lips on mine.

I closed my eyes and saw her cute smile; I couldn't get her off my mind.

I'd fallen in love with Alexandra Parker.

                                                                                    ******

I trotted down the aisle of the Great Hall towards Blaise Zabini, one of my best mates. Breakfast was always eaten sitting next to him. I glanced over towards the Gryffindor table, hoping to catch sight of Alex. I spotted her beautiful silky chocolate brown hair trailing down behind her back. The hair next to her made my blood boil, though. Bright, flaming orange hair. A Weasley. SHORT, bright, flaming orange hair. A MALE Weasley. A certain Ron Weasley was next to MY Alex Parker. 

Alex was having a great big conversation with Weasley. 

What the hell?

She didn't talk to ME that much.

Maybe she’d changed her mind about me…?

No way! That kiss was legit. I knew it was.

I felt those sparks and how her lips felt on mine, I knew she felt it too.

But what was going on between her and Weasel? I knew they were friends, but the looks they were giving each other...

“What’s shakin’ the bacon, Dra-” Blaise stopped his sentence as he looked at my face. “Gee, Draco. You’re flushing like crazy and you’re giving off an angry vibe and you have a death glare on your face. What’s up, bro?” Blaise asked, raising his eyebrows.

I couldn’t possibly tell Blaise that I was in love with a GRYFFINDOR… Could I?

Blaise traced my stare.

“Woah, jealous of that Weasel, Malfoy? Or are you jealous of Parker?” he said with a chuckle. 

“The hell, Blaise? Why would I be jealous of Weasley?” I said quickly. 

“You’re not denying being jealous of Parker, though!” Blaise said with a grin. 

“I AM NOT GAY, ZABINI!” I screeched at him. 

“Suree, Draco. Damn, you’re a man full of mysteries,” Blaise snickered. 

“Shut it, Zabini. I am not gay, and I would not fall for a Gryffindor bitch like Parker!” I shouted at him.

I clamped a hand over my mouth, but it was too late. My voice had traveled through the whole hall. All the chattering and clinking of silverware stopped. Everyone had heard me. 

Most importantly, Alex had heard me. 

I turned my head slowly toward where she was standing, regretting my every word. Did I have to say that? Just to cover up the suspicions? It wasn’t that bad, a Slytherin falling for a Gryffindor. Now Alex would never look at me again, I knew it. 

Then I saw her face. Shock, horror, sadness, anger. Tears were trickling down her gorgeous face as her dark hazel brown eyes glared at me with disgust. 

Shit. 

No.

Please, please, please.

It’s not what you think it is.

Alex.

Alex…

Please…

I glared at Blaise then started running. No idea where, but somewhere that wasn’t here. I couldn’t stay here. Not with Alex looking at me like that. 

Bolting through the doors, I thought of somewhere, ANYWHERE, that I could have some privacy. Locations raced through my mind as I thought of one peaceful one. 

Ravenclaw students coming late for breakfast looked at me strangely as I teared through the hallways. 

“DRACOOO!” a piercing voice screeched.

Pansy.

God, couldn't she mind her own buisness and leave me alone for once?

Busy-body.

“DRACO! STOP!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?”

Ignoring her, I dashed for the Great Lake.

Sitting under some big tree near the lake would surely calm me down…

As I reached one of the trees I slowed down to a walk, and slumped down on to the grass. 

“I’M SO STUPID!” I shouted out to the lake as I put my head in my hands.

“Why the hell did I have to say that about Alex…? Normal people don’t insult their crushes even if they were in their enemy house…” I mumbled.

“Knew it,” a voice said. 

I jumped. Who’d heard me?