Chapter 47

"You look nervous", Chres chuckled. Currently, we were sitting on the couch. I was waiting on the expected arrival of my dad. It was only 10 am but I had to be ready. Especially because I'm pregnant, I'll be very emotional.

"I know. I am! I don't know what to expect", I said.

"Just relax, babe. If anything happens, I'm here, okay?", he asked. I nodded and gave him a small smile. "And if he makes you mad, we can kick him out and do something to lighten your mood", he winks.

"If you don't shut up about that."

"Awww is the little baby mad?", he laughed.

"I swear if you don't shut-", I was cut off by knocking. I immediately got butterflies in my stomach. He's here. I stood up and walked over to the door, hesitating to open it. I took a deep breath and opened it. There he was standing right in front of me.

"Whoa", I heard Chres say. That's exactly what I was thinking. He was like a split image in me. Same eyes, same nose, same mouth. The only different thing was the cheeks and eye color.

"Ava", he smiled pulling me into a hug. It completely surprised me but I hugged him back. Then, of course, my eyes start watering. He let me go but still held on to my shoulders. "You look beautiful.. And congratulations with the baby. May I come in?"

I wiped a couple of tears away and stood to the side. He walked inside smiled at Chres. "Hi. You must be Chresanto", he greeted holding his hand out. Chres stood up and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you too, sir."

"I don't mean to kick you out of your own house but I'd like to talk to Ava alone. Is that okay with you?", my dad asked. Chres looked at me and I nodded.

"No problem", he said. He grabbed the keys and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Call me if you need anything. I love you"

"Okay.. I love you too", I said before he left.

My dad sat down on the couch and patted the spot next to him,"Come sit."

Instead of sitting next to him, I sat on the single seated couch across.

He shifted uncomfortably, "Okay... How are you doing?"

"I'm fine....", I said. I didn't really know what to say. It was kind of awkward to me.

"How far are you?", he asked referring to the baby.

"About 5 months. I got pregnant before we moved out here."

"And Chresanto... He's the same person that took you?", he asked again.

"Yes he is and don't fuss about how I'm making the wrong choices please. I already get enough of that", I said.

"I'm not. I'm just glad you're happy", he smiled.

"Tell me why you left." With the surprised facial expression he gave me, I'm sure I caught him off guard.

"Okay. I'll tell you everything and I don't want you to interrupt me at all. Just let me get everything out."

"Fine."

"When you were a baby, we didn't really have any money. We were in debt and we had overdue bills. Your mother had to stay home and watch you so I was the only one working. Then I got laid off and as many jobs I tried to apply to, I wasn't accepted. The only way I could make the money is if I sold drugs..."

My dad? Drugs?

"As you might know selling drugs is very dangerous. Especially who I worked for, you had to be extra careful. Only.. I wasn't. The first couple of years was fine. There were no problems or anything.. But I got caught in a mess so instead of telling you the WHOLE story, I'll summarize it. Some other drug dealers tried to rob us. You probably don't remember because you were too small. They were looking for where I kept my stuff but I didn't have any. I got all my stuff from my boss. They didn't believe me though. They threatened to kill you and your mom if I didn't give them what they wanted. Instead of ratting out my boss, I gave them all of our money. I know it wasn't the right thing to do. I should've told them where everything was.. I'm so sorry Ava. I really am", he said.

"I understand all of that, dad, but I still don't understand why you left."

"Your mom kicked me out after everything happened. I never took all the money and left you guys. It wasn't my choice to leave. Your mom threatened to call the police and get her arrested. I guess I could see where she was coming from because she didn't want you hurt. All I want is for you to forgive me... Please."

I sighed,"I do."

His smile came back and it made me smile too. "So you've been watching me ALL this time?"

"Well yeah. Except when you got kidnapped. I had no idea where you were..", he said.

"Does mom know?"

He shook his head,"No. I haven't talked to her since I left. She has no idea I'm here and I don't want you to tell her."

I nodded once again not knowing what to say. He stood up and fixed his shirt,"Well.. I guess I'll go now."

I hopped up and jumped into his arms, hugging him. "I love you so much", I cried.

His arms tightened around me,"I love you too. So, so much." We let go and he wiped my tears away. "Can we go to lunch tomorrow? I'll come get you.. So we can catch up?"

"Of course.. I'll see you tomorrow."

He opened the door,"12 is okay?"

"Yes.. Bye", I waved.

"Bye." He turned around and left the door open. He was talking to someone and it was Chres. I guess he didn't leave. They talked for a couple of minutes and Chres came back inside.

"How was it?", he asked.

"Very good. I'm going with him to lunch tomorrow", I smiled.

He came up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist,"Does this mean your mood doesn't need to be lightened?"

"You can lighten it some more", I smirked.

He grabbed my hand and led me to the room,"Finally."

•••••••••••

VOTE AND COMMENT :)

I'll Try And Update Tonight!