Chapter 12

I was woken up by loud whispering in the room. I recognized the voices immediately. It was Tate and Austin. Through my slumber, I still could make out what they were saying.

"No, no, you do it!" Austin was encouraging Tate.

"What? No fricking way. It's your house and your sister. She will literally kill me. I haven't even had a chance to take her out on a date." Tate spat back at Austin.

I was trying not to move, but my leg was cramping like crazy. But I stayed still. I wanted to know what they were up to. Maybe this all was just a weird dream I was having.

"Okay, first of all, ew, that's my sister!" I heard a loud smack. That was probably Austin hitting Tate. Like, yes! You go, Austin. I was trying not to laugh out loud. I could totally imagine Tate's scowl right now.

"Second of all, this is the new plan then. I will take my sister and you take Jenn. It will be less messy."

What the hell was going on? Are they trying to kill us or something?

My thoughts were spinning and I was trying to figure out what was going on. I was still in a delirious state so I didn't hear Austin yell "GO". But I did feel the cold water on my body.

I jolted up from the shock. This definitely wasn't a dream. I could feel the cold water seeping through my pj's. Water was dripping down my spine and I shivered.

"What the hell!" Megan wasn't pleased with her wake up call. But she was much quicker with her response, though. She was running after Austin and yelling like a banshee. She threw a pillow at him and then reached for mine.

"Don't just stand there and do something!" Megan screamed at me and I shook myself out of the daydream. I was still confused but at the same time, I was so angry. This wasn't the perfect morning I imagined. So I did what any normal person would do in my situation. I was going to kill Tate.

"You little dipshit! Come here. I am so kicking you in the balls!" I jumped on Tate, who looked really surprised by my sudden moves. He fell back on the sofa and I landed on top of him.

"Well, good morning to you as well sweety. This is a lovely way to start a morning, don't you think that? What about a little kiss?" Tate was grinning at me and I just wanted to wipe that grin off his face. But I couldn't deny that I felt butterflies in my stomach looking at him. I tried to ignore them and grabbed the pillow and smacked it on his annoying face. He totally deserved that.

"There, much better. This morning is not that bad when you are finally quite. I actually can enjoy peace and qu... Ahhh!" Tate flipped us over and now he was on top of me.

I guess I forgot that I am just a girl who doesn't work out at all and... Well, he was someone who went to the gym regularly. I totally should have predicted this.

"Darling, I didn't know that you were into kinky stuff like this." He smiled at me and leaned closer.

Okay, this is it. Tate is totally going to kiss me. I should scream or turn away, but I can't.

While I was contemplating what exactly I wanted and what was really going on, faith was already deciding for us. I was saved by Austin's scream.

"Ouch! What the hell! Why did you punch me? That hurt Meg. We were just joking around. There is no need for violence."

"Yeah... well, you started it."

Tate moved off me quickly. I guess he realized that we weren't alone or that the prank was over. But a part of me was disappointed that he stood up.

Pull yourself together Jenn! Why am I suddenly thinking about Tate like that? Meg is my friend and she likes him. So I am going to help her, I am so shipping them from this day on.