Chapter 6

11th June

I think that every girl deserves a perfect guy, who will love her unconditionally. A guy who will understand and appreciate her corniness and all the weird things.

In books for the main character, it's so simple to find that one perfect boy, but in life... well it's not that simple. Usually, we even don't see him when he comes around. Sometimes we try to find him so badly that we forget about ourselves and just concentrate too hard on getting to the prize we forget that maybe we should just stop, because when we are looking for something and we need it desperately we can't find it, but when we finally stop, it finds us.

I was one of those girls who just looked so hard for a nice guy, that I forgot about things that I loved and stopped doing them. The same thing happened to me. I forgot about myself, but I was on the road to get back and improve myself. No more boys, just me!

Char is taking me on a double date tonight but after that strange boy in the park and everything that happened at the party with Tate or the morning after with Patrick I am not really ready to go out and get back in the real world. I was kind of starting to enjoy not going out and sitting at home. I hope that this night out won't be as bad as the last one was.

I and Charlotte were getting ready for the double date that she forced me to go to. I wasn't mad at her anymore, but going on this date meant that I was not keeping my promise - No boys and no drama!

Charlotte was helping me get ready and told me to try on at least twenty dresses. I was getting kind of annoyed when she finally found the perfect one.

"That's it. That is the perfect dress, you look gorgeous and your date will drop dead." She smiled obviously proud of her job.

Thank god she did my makeup and hair before because I don't think I could get through it now. I was feeling like Chars personal Barbie doll and let me tell you that she is not gentle and doesn't hold back her judgments.

"For my sake, let's hope he doesn't," I said and looked at myself in the big mirror on Charlotte's wall.

I was wearing long, black dress, which stretched down to my ankles. It wasn't mine obviously. It was Charlotte's. I didn't own any super pretty dresses, well that is what she said to me so I was forced to go to her house and borrow her dress, but in the end I was happy with it. It perfectly showed off my back with a big cut out and it was comfortable. The front was simple and small straps were holding the dress and my boobs in place. I looked amazing... And the makeup made me look older and highlighted my big eyes. My long hair was pulled back in a messy braid which perfectly completed my look. I had to admit that maybe all this pain and time Char put in to make me look good paid off for once.

"Now for the shoes," Charlotte said and went to her big closet, well more like another room.

"What do you want to wear? High-heels or flats?" She asked and looked at me. I could see in her face that she wasn't really waiting for my answer and was already deciding for me, but I still answered her anyway although there was no point in doing that.

"Flats please, I don't want to fall on my face in front of my date or even worse break my leg." I was trying to make a strong point and hoped that Charlotte was listening to me, but by the looks she wasn't. She was in her closet desperately looking for something and throwing stuff around. It was looking like a big bomb just dropped in her closet. Clothes and shoes and makeup brushes were scattered around the room.

"Found it!" She yelled and walked out grinning. " Wear these. You will look beautiful and taller."

Charlotte gave me high heeled wedges, which matched my dress perfectly well, but I pressed my lips together and looked at her not sure how to tell her that I don't want to die in shoes like that.