C h a p t e r 9: Don't tell Zack

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on:

Twitter Emna_bm2.

Ask.fm Emnabm2

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 9: Don't tell Zack.

"Are you sure it was her?" The middle aged man asked, in a dead cold tone.

He was sitting in his chair with a cigar in his mouth, in front of him, there were few pictures of a young lady.

"Yes boss, I've seen her and talked to her. I'm hundred percent sure"

"That's brilliant. You'll get your recompense later, but first..." he stopped talking and smirked.

"You have a new, hard mission to do." Added with a grin, the grin that makes you get paralysed, the one that can turns you blind.

She's stupid enough to come back there. Wait for it Valencia, you'll pay back, double.
***

Declan was sitting in the living room sofa, holding Valencia in his arms, trying to stop her shaking body.

She didn't say a word after reading the letter. She was just crying, letting tears fall on her face.

And Declan didn't stop her because he knew she needed to. The thing he didn't know about was the fact that a million things crossed her mind. She was collecting the puzzle pieces.

Am I not my father's daughter? My mum got pregnant, having me in her, out of rape! Wait... did mum actually commit suicide, she wasn't killed, right?

She turned her head to face Declan, with her hair falling randomly on her face, she looked dead serious.

"Listen to me Declan, don't tell Zack, don't say anything okay?" She sounded desperate. Zack must not know. Not even after a million year. It's terribly dangerous.

Declan just looked at her with wide eyes. "But V this shit is serious! He must know. It's s-"

"You know nothing Declan, stay out of it. Please. It's just... complicated. I have to do something before telling him. I'll tell him okay? So you need to act like you don't know anything until I finish what I'm going to do." Her voice was emotionless, her eyes never left his.

He knew. He knew that she knows more than just a letter. He can see it in her eyes, that she's struggling to find a way out of something he didn't know.

And her, she was fighting to not turn back to the way she was in the past three years, she didn't want to put the mode 'survival' on.

"So I'll help you. Whatever is the thing you need to do, I'll be with you." He wasn't joking around, you can see it in his eyes. Even if she wanted to murder someone, he'll help her.

She eyed him before sighing.

I don't want to put you in danger Declan. What happens if you get hurt?

She was going to protest when he cut her off :"Look V, I've been your childhood friend and best friend before you go away and I can't, not now, not after a billion year leave you on your own in this mess. I know that whatever crosses your mind in this moment is some crazy dangerous thing that police can't handle, I can feel it, and I'm ready for it. Make me in your plan V, even if I was the target."

" You don't know what real danger is Declan. All you said are some useless words. If you were in a real danger, the one I'm going in, you'll run away like a chicken, or die trying. It's not ambitious or courage that will make you someone who can still stand up on his feet when he faces danger. It's experience. And honestly, you have none... let's be clear, I'm going to search for the beast. You're ready to face someone who raped mum? Someone who's ready for worse?"

The survival mode is on.

Declan looked at her speechless. She was dead serious.

She's telling me all of this as if she was ready for it.

"And can you do it? What in the hell could you have experienced so you can talk about danger as if you lived it? And who do you think you are to chase someone you don't even know, and even if you did who are you to chase someone dangerous?" He snapped. It was dangerous for her. She's a girl, his beloved Valencia and she was going after someone who can hurt her... her dad.

"Three years is a long period of time... it changes a lot of people Declan." She sighed before adding:" And since you already saw my other face, I'm going to be clear with you, don't tell anyone or I swear I'll never, ever talk to you again, if I stayed alive." She whispered the last sentence so he can't hear it.

She had a feeling, that mysterious beast is still after her family. Somehow, she felt like it was the silence coming before the storm, and she was getting ready for it.

"I'm going to help you whether you liked it or not." He repeated in a calm tone then he stood up and walked to the door. "I'm not going to tell Zack, but I still think that everything is a bad idea." And he walked out.

Valencia just stood there looking at him going away.

What am I going to do to him...

She walked to her parent's bedroom again trying to find something helpful.

She starts searching everywhere, in her mum's nightstand, on the floor, everywhere...

She exhaled and sited on the bed to take some rest.

Mum I know you're not stupid, you must've left a clue.

She looked around her when her eyes fell on a small notebook hidden between the closet and the wall. Valencia grabbed it quickly, wiped the dust and opened it.

Day1

He wants to meet up in Bandera, I'm going to see what he needs so he can back off.

Day2

He said a lot of men work for him in that restaurant, so if I needed something I just need to go there.

Day3

3*5*-*5*8-65**

I couldn't know the other numbers of his bank account. I need them so I can complete my plan.

Day4

I know his first name now, it's Mark. Funny thing, it means God Of War.

Mark, the best...

Valencia read the notes her mum wrote carefully, thinking about her plan of revenge.

After all, action and tragedy start to become a part of her personality I guess...

"Hello, Declan... Ehum I may actually need you after all. Come to my place so we can discuss this."

I'm sorry for putting you in danger.

***