Summoning

A/N I added this line to the prophecy 'Connected by scars,if one fails the other shall too'

(Emily's pov)

I was made Teddy's godmother.No surprise there.I mean,who wouldn't pick me.Well actually there's a long list of people who wouldn't pick me but I won't get into that.

Time passed.Then that day arrived.May 2nd 1998.Things were bad.Truthfully bad didn't even explain half of it.Disappearances and murders were at it's peak.I was the only seventh year Gryffindor left.Others had all gone into hiding in the Room of Requirement.I found myself often dreaming of my friends and family dying before me.I was always just a second too late to save them.And then there were the dreams where they betrayed me.They were the worst.

It got so bad that one morning I found myself shivering on the cold bathroom floor in the middle of the night.The fire around me had looked very appealing.

Something felt different that day.I woke up on the first to the empty room.Same as I did the weeks before but something was different.

Also nothing unusual happened during the day.I was hit by Carrow and Carrowette.Nothing new.Except this time they tested some kind of potion on me.It tasted vile and intensified the pain.Yeah,not a great day.

Then that night as I lay in bed,staring up at the red ceiling a burning pain appeared in my pocket.At first I had thought it was my scar but it wasn't.It was my DA galleon.

I hopped up immediately.I don't think I ever ran faster in my life.A summoning wasn't exactly a good thing.It could bring good news...or bad.

The doors to the Room of Requirement appeared before I could even think of them and I ran straight into the arms of a sandy-haired man.We stumbled backwards as I hugged him.

"What are you doing here?"I said,pushing him backwards slightly."I was worried sick!Why was I called?What's going on?"

The many people in the room were staring at me.I assumed the worst.Somebody had died.My eyes franticly looked around the room. Everybody was there.Even Viola in her green pjs.

"It's time Emily.Harry arrived about an hour ago.This is where it's all going to end"Cece said stepping forward.I looked around the room.It was hard to believe that four years ago we were all innocent little third years.We all had looks of determination on our faces.We all looked wiser than seventeen or eighteen years old.Hannah Abbott and Susan Bones were no longer the girls who giggled over Hannah's crush on Neville.Lavender Brown and Parvati were no longer the two gossiping girls.I was no longer the naïve little girl.I wanted to end this. For the people surrounding me.They were my friends and family.

"I haven't completed the prophecy yet"I whispered horrified."I have to complete it or Harry won't succeed"

Cece looked at me with wide eyes.I didn't realise until later just how scared she was.We were all just children.This wasn't supposed to be our war.We were supposed to be stressed about our NEWTS not dying.

"What line is left?"She asked and I saw her grab Seamus' hand.His freckled face was pale against the bruises.Courtesy of the Carrows of course.

"While fighting things that were never meant"I said.Before she could reply George had me in a tight embrace.

"Emily!Merlin,are you okay?"he asked.I looked at him.Orange hair.Beautiful brown eyes. Adorable freckles.

"I'm fine.Look,before it starts-"I started but George silenced me by putting his lips on mine.

"No need.I know.We'll get through this. Together.We'll be fine once we're together"he said.Together.Dead or alive.Either way we'll be together.

"Okay lovebirds leave me out"Fred said sarcastically.I laughed and hugged him tightly.