Emily Black and the Society of Dark Creatures(Book 5 in Emily Black series)

(Emily's pov)

"You're getting married?" I exclaimed and Remus looked hurt for a moment so I backtracked. "Don't get me wrong Remus. I love you and I love Tonks. But don't you think this is a bit too soon? You've been going out less than a month."

"I love her. She loves me. I just came to ask you to be my best man," he said.Best man? He didn't mention the war looming over us. I didn't either.

"I don't know if it has escaped your notice Remmie but I'm a girl," I said dryly and he laughed.

"Dispite popular belief, I do know you're a girl. It is just that you are the only person left that is this close to me," Remus said,tugging at the sheet on my bed as I sat on the chair by the desk. I instantly felt guilty for putting him in this position and I messed with the necklace he had given me last Christmas.

"I'd be honoured. You know that I would do anything for you in a heartbeat. I'm really happy for you," I replied and he looked up and smiled.It had been a month after Dumbledore died. Well nearly a month. I couldn't help but notice that Remus' hair had more grey and that despite Tonks being extra happy because of Remus, her hair seemed duller. Honestly, I just sat moping in my bedroom like an angst-ridden teenager. I think I had a right to do it.

"Thank you, Emily. I'll see you in a gorgeous dress in two days. It really means a lot," Remus said, giving me a quick kiss on the forehead as I looked anywhere but him. It was going to a whole lot harder than I originally thought.

The next day went by quickly, with Tonks exclaiming that Remus had robbed her bridesmaid and then dress fittings. Soon I found myself in a stupid bubblegum pink dress with one shoulder. The bridesmaids( Hestia Jones, Andromeda Tonks and Molly Wealey) wore the dress sleeveless but they had to specially alter mine. I felt so special.

"You may kiss your bride," and with that Tonks and Remus were married.They wanted it to be a small ordeal so there was a small gathering at Ted's and Andromeda's house.

It was a cosy house and it was weird to hear music blaring around it. I made my way through the crowd until I spotted Viola. She was standing awkwardly beside Ginny,who came because her mum was a bridesmaid.

"Hey. Can I steal Viola for a minute?" I asked and Ginny nodded. Viola was wearing a green dress for the occasion and I had to wonder if she wanted to be labeled as a Slytherin.As someone different from us. She sure liked green dress robes.

"Have you thought about it?" I asked as I opened the back door. Warm summer air hit me as soon as I opened the door. We continued walking away from the house.

"If this goes wrong we might as well be signing our death warrant" Viola stated as the music lowered the further we got from the house.

"I know but they are bond by oath to not attack us-"I started but Viola cut me off.

"Unless we have threatened them. They will try to find any excuse to do so," She said and I couldn't deny it.We were silent for a moment before Viola sighed.

"I'm in," she said and I cracked a smile. "Does Cece know?"

"If I told her she'd either (A) freak out or (B) Tell Remus. We don't need either of them," I replied and she nodded. I wanted to tell Cece but she would stop me before I could do it. I was just hoping that Remus wouldn't find out. Otherwise he would probably lock me up in a tower like one of those muggle princesses...except he would probably give me a whole lot of chocolate.

"Emily! There you are!" the familiar voice called out and I turned around with a grin.

"Fred!" I called back and we made our way back to the house and I hugged Fred. It was nice to see him.

"Thank Merlin, Remus was worried.One more minute and I was sure he would send out a search party," Fred said with a laugh. Knowing Remus he probably would.

"He should be worried in a couple of days," Viola muttered and I sent her an irritated glare.

"We should go in," I said and Fred shrugged before we made our way back into the house.

"Where were you?" Remus asked,his suit crinkled so I smoothened it out.

"I just wanted some fresh air. I was with Viola anyway. So when do I make this speech?" I asked.

Honestly best men speeches were the worst. For one thing people expect the best man to be a man.Secondly it wasn't good following a heartfelt speech, where half of the women in the room were crying.Yeah, the odds weren't in my favour.

"As you can see I'm not a man," I started off and a few people laughed."I cannot deny the best part though.I'm not very good at speeches. The last time I made a speech was at my boyfriend's funeral and after that the ministry came after me and threw me in Azkaban. Well anyway I would just like to say that I love them both so much. Remus has been like a father to me my whole life. He's always looked out for me and I hope that one day I can repay him. Dora, my sweet cousin, is amazing and I cannot think of a better person for the man I love most in this world. I wish you both the best and I hope that they bare many fruit,"

Everything was going fine until the end. Why did I say that? I don't think I've ever embarrassed myself more.I sat in the supply closet, my head in my hands.

"Did I really just talk about Cedric's funeral, Azkaban and Remus and Tonks baring fruit. Ew!" I mumbled and I heard someone laugh.

"I believe you just did," George said and I shot him an irritated glare. He laughed again and pulled out a box to sit on beside me. I was honestly surprised it didn't break with his weight. Not that he was fat but he was really tall...or maybe I was just small.

"It's okay. I'm sure everyone's too drunk to remember it in the morning," he said and I noticed that he also had some drink. I almost forgot that they were allowed to drink two years ago,they just didn't seem mature enough.

"Thanks for the reassurance," I said dryly. He suddenly took my hand and he looked so serious.

"Emily, can I tell you something. You know what, I'm just going to say it now.I love you Emily Black. I love you so much,"he said and I looked down at our intertwined hands. I always  didn't say anything because one of us were probably going to die but I didn't care. Well I mean I would care if one of us died but I didn't want to be responsible anymore. I was sixteen, seventeen in a couple of weeks. I wasn't supposed to be responsible.

"I love you too" I replied and he looked like a Cheshire Cat, his grin was so big. He crashed his lips to mine. I did the natural thing; I kissed him back. I don't know how long we stayed there but then the door banged open and I flew away from George. Fred looked at the both of us with a smirk and I felt my hair turn pink.

"I'll leave you two be," He said in a highly suggestive tone. He picked up some butterbeer from one of the boxes and left. I guess he wasn't drinking.

I should have known that things didn't happen this easily for me. I should have known that he had drank too much. I should have known he would forget.

~

Everything you recognise belongs to J K Rowling.