XX

A few months later

Stevie was this close to having a panic attack. She had been planning this day for months now and even though she knew everything was done to perfection, she still couldn't help herself, thinking that something was just ought to go wrong. 

Lindsey was sent out of the house, since the evening of the previous day and he would be coming back about two hours later. In full makeup and meticulously styled hair, Stevie was checking and rechecking things all over the house as well as the garden and the wooden path, which led down to the beach, where a beautiful arch was placed, at the moment, being decorated with flowers by her niece. 

"You should try breathing." Jessi said. 

"What?" Stevie frowned, being brought out of her thoughts. 

"You're just staring at this thing, holding your breath in. Don't worry, it's not going to suddenly collapse or anything."

Sighing Stevie nodded. "I know. I know, but I'm so nervous, you have no idea, Jessi."

"I think I do." Her niece laughed, picking up another rose to attach it to the arch. 

"I've been kind of waiting for this day my whole life." Stevie admitted, somewhat shyly. "I want everything to be perfect."

"And it will be. You're going to be surrounded by friends and family, when you're marrying the love of your life. I think that in itself is perfect already."

Smiling at last, Stevie gave Jessi a hug. "Where's that wisdom coming from?"

"I have my moments." 

Soon they were joined by Lori, who was looking pretty frantic herself. "Stephanie Lynn Nicks, you come with me right now! We have to fit you in that dress and if anything, Margi still has some time to fix it."

"I've tried it on for about five thousand times, Lori. I'm sure it will be fine." 

"Well, anyway, the ceremony starts in about and hour, the guests are coming soon, so come on, let's go."

Entering the Malibu house Stevie bought a year or so ago, Lori led her to the bedroom, where Margi and Mary where waiting for the bride to be, with the beautiful custom made (of course) gown laid on the bed.

Stevie found herself staring at it, not hearing what her friends were telling her. It was just becoming so real. Not that long ago, Lindsey was a married man, married to someone else, and here they were now - about to be married to each other. She had thought of this day more times than she cared to admit to anyone. Although, nobody would truly be amazed, because every single person that knew the pair had always thought they were meant to be.

With the help of her closest of friends, Stevie now stood in front of the mirror, wearing her wedding dress. She couldn't control it, as her eyes welled up with tears, happy for once. 

"You've done a tremendous job." She managed, facing Margi. "It's stunning. I know I've had put this on several times and I've seen how I looked in it, but now I really see it if it makes sense at all." She laughed lightly, cocking her head back and looking upwards, so her tears wouldn't ruin the makeup. 

"It does, Stevie, it really does." Margi smiled, thrilled to have made her friend so happy on such a special day. "I'm simply glad it turned out how you've imagined it would."

"And then some." Chuckling, Stevie looked at herself once more. "How much time do I have?"

Checking her watch, Lori said. "Precisely you have twenty eight minutes, but since it's you, I'd say about thirty five." Teasing, she smirked as Stevie rolled her eyes. 

"Can I please have a moment alone?"

"Of course." The three women stood up from where they were sitting and left the room, giving Stevie some privacy.

Meanwhile, Sharon was downstairs, greeting guests and showing them to where the ceremony was going to take place. Lindsey was there, too. He was just as nervous as Stevie was, but happy and excited nevertheless. Jeff, Lindsey's brother stood beside him, his best man, who was trying to calm him down.

"Haven't you been waiting for this to happen forever?"

"I have, but it doesn't make me less worried. Like... what if she decides she doesn't want this after all and doesn't come out, and I'm left here standing like a fool?"

"Do you honestly believe that could happen?"

"Well, no... not really." Lindsey shook his head, laughing a little. "I just... I don't matter, in my opinion this is about Stevie. I know how badly she wants this to be the most important day in her life, I know she's praying things are going to go smoothly. I want her happy." He shrugged, as Jeff put a hand on his shoulder. 

"Calm down, Lindsey. I'm sure this is going to go by without a hitch. It's all carefully planned, the guests are here, you're here, the only thing missing right now, is Stevie standing next to you and I have no doubt in my mind she will come down. Maybe not right on time, but..." That got out a laugh from Lindsey, making Jeff smile, as he patted his brother on the back. "Stop stressing about it, there's no need to."

Shortly, everyone was seated, as Lindsey was standing, facing the way, from where Stevie was supposed to come. He kept wiping his hands on his dress pants, as they were sweating. He gave himself a pep talk in his head, as he waited. 

Breathing a sigh of relief the second his eyes settled on Stevie, Lindsey was now able to smile and he smiled big. She was the epitome of beauty, as she walked slowly, gracefully towards him, completely ignoring the people that came to celebrate this day with the two of them, solely focusing on her husband to be.

Lindsey closed the gap of a single step separating them, taking Stevie's hand in his as he couldn't stop himself from at least giving her a kiss on the cheek. "You are so beautiful." He whispered, now lifting her hand up to his lips and pressing them against it. 

It was pretty much a blur what followed next, as they were unable to keep their eyes off each other. Lindsey vaguely recalled the 'Dearly beloved...', but he was anxious for the officiant to say he '...may now kiss the bride.'

And he did, to the cheers of their family and friends, as Stevie even had to bend backwards, clinging onto him, so she wouldn't fall, as she chuckled, once he helped her stand up straight again.

"My God, I love you so much, Steph." Lindsey said, with a smile still on his face. "Stephanie Buckingham. Wow..."

Stevie leaned in again, pecking him on the lips once more. "And I love you so much, too."

Whit his fingers laced through hers, they finally took their first step as a married couple.

THE END

~

As always, thank you so much for reading this story! Your feedback has been incredible, I appreciate it a lot, it's definitely what keeps me going!