II

"Are you ready?" Mick walked into the bedroom, where Stevie was sitting at the vanity, just staring at herself. "I see you are."

Nodding her head, she added. "Yeah." She turned around, wearing her usual attire for the red carpet appearances, a leather jacket laid down on the bed. 

"What's wrong then?" He noticed she wasn't as excited about going to the premier of School of Rock musical, like she was the night before.

"Nothing is... wrong, but... I know people are used to seeing us together all the time, but now that I know, we're out not as just friends, it makes me think that everybody will know it too. I'm not sure I'm ready for that."

"Well, were you planning on keeping our relationship a secret forever?" Sitting down in front of her, Mick frowned slightly. 

"No, of course not. I just didn't think we'd have to show up together so soon."

"We can go separately if that makes you feel better."

"No, no that's silly." Shaking her head, Stevie took and let out a deep breath. "Forget I even said something, it's stupid. I don't want to ruin this night for us or for the girls." She mentioned Mick's twins, who were going with them.

"Can you be honest with me about one thing?"

"Sure, what?"

"Are you worried about Lindsey? During the tour, we were simply having fun, it wasn't too serious, but now that it is, are you afraid of losing him in whatever way you think you could lose him?"

She didn't want to answer that question. It didn't matter how many years passed and what happened throughout them, there would always be something between her and Lindsey. Now that they were getting along better than ever, she was indeed afraid of destroying it.

"I'm not scared of losing him, because I don't have him, but I would hate to ruin the friendship that we have today, because I need it, I do need Lindsey in my life. We both know how well things went the first time when you and I got together... I hope he's changed since then and he can accept us, but it's Lindsey and you can never know."

"I can accept what you just said, I understand that, what I won't accept is if you're going to obsess over it all the time. Stevie, it's been forever since you two were a couple or close to being one. I'm well aware of the affairs you two have had, but I would be so happy if you managed to move on from that for good this time. Here we are, you and I, it's pretty good, don't you think?"

Smiling a little, she nodded again. "It's a lot better than just pretty good." They stood up, Stevie raising herself on her tiptoes, pressing a small kiss to Mick's lips. "Thank you for being so understanding with me."

"If I didn't care and feel for you half the things I do, I probably wouldn't be." Joking, he said. 

In about an hour, Stevie, Mick and his daughters were in a black SUV, being driven to the location of the event. Ruby and Tessa were chatting among themselves, while Stevie was blankly staring out the window, holding hands with Mick, who could still easily sense her mixed feelings about the whole thing.

Once the car stopped, Stevie's heartbeat quickened, knowing they were going to be photographed as soon as they get out. Mick stepped out first, holding his hand for Stevie, as she was followed by the twins, Ruby grasping her hand, while Tessa went to her father's side. 

Instant flashes blinded them for a moment, until their eyes adjusted, as the four walked down the red carpet, stopping for the photographers as well as several reporters for some questions.

"How does it feel now that the tour is finished? Do you miss being on stage almost every night?" One asked, neither Stevie nor Mick in particular.

"Sure we do." He answered. "But we also need a break, On With The Show lasted for well over a year."

"But it seems like you aren't tired of seeing each other though, since you two showed up together."

"Since when do you get tired of seeing your best friend?" Stevie asked back, feeling her reply was a bit harsh, she added. "Of course we aren't. It's been a couple of weeks now, we do get on each other's nerves, but we also love each other dearly."

They moved along, before the next person with a question stopped them. 

"It's been a huge year for Fleetwood Mac, all kinds of rumors surrounding the band as well. The main one is of course concerning the new album. Will it or won't it happen?"

"It will, absolutely." Stevie confirmed. "We have too much material to just keep it to ourselves, only that people want it out now and things don't work like that. We just came home, we want to spend time with our families, rest a little."

"That's good to hear." Mick said, as they took a few more steps. "Even if it's you telling that to some reporter and not, for example, me."

She knew by the tone of his voice, that he was simply teasing. "Just be glad."

They stopped once more.

"I know you get this asked a lot, but when you're so beautiful and talented, I can't repeat the question yet again, so is there that someone special in your life, Ms. Nicks?"

That was true, every time Stevie showed up in public, she would hear that. Pausing for a second, as she debated her answer, she then said. "Yes. In fact, I'm with him right now." Then she tugged at Mick's hand and they went away. 

Finally, with a bit of privacy, Mick looked at Stevie, wanting to make sure he heard her correctly. 

"Did you just tell that woman what I think you did?"

"I didn't know you had hearing problems."

"Stevie, be serious for a minute."

"Yes, yes I told her that we're together. Now, come on, let's go take our seats for the show."

He was happy about what just happened, but it didn't seem to him that she was, as if she just outed with it, so people would stop pestering her, as he followed after her with a sigh.