Chapter 9

Skylynns POV............................................................................

              As soon as Thunder came about to the tree i slowed him down enough to turn without sliding, the picking our speed back up still in the lead. "Whos winning now Summers?" I yelled behind me trying not to fall off. "Not you Tylers!" She yelled back trying to catch up. Using our last names helped us feel more challanged. I could hear Taylor yelling something, but i couldnt quite make out what it was. I just gave up on the fact that i was even paying attention to the ground and not my balance. Knowing im pretty far off the ground i continue to lean to the side and grab a branch from the tree we were about to pass as if it were the line from a real race. I managed to grab a twig without falling off for the first.

           We finally took a break and walked the horses to the small little river. "Why would you pull a stunt like that Skylynn Tylers?" Taylor said yelling at me from what he just saw. ignoring him i just shrugged and picked some apples for the horses to snack on after their drink. "Skylynn stop ignoring me. You could have gotten hurt!" Taylor said pushing my sholder gently enough for me to turn around to face him. He knew i hated to look him in the eye when i was in trouble, espesailly when he was going to tell Adam. I would never be able to ride in the open feild again. "Skylynn answer me! now!" Taylor said now looking angery at the fact that i didnt care wheather i would have gotten seriously hurt or not. "Because, Ive done stupider stunts and i wanted to see if i could get a twig." I said turning back around grabbing more apples. "Skylynn what if you got hurt?" He said now with a softer voice. The other tone was more sturn and something ive never heard befor. "I didnt." I said shrugging again, Shrugging just made him more angery. I couldnt help it, I never knew an answer to any of his questions so i always shurgged. He finally tunred me back around but this time kissing me, taking me by suprize. I hear Kat in the background making annoying comments like "get a room." Or "Im trying to eat here!" Yeah thats the ussuall comments i always hear from Kat. Its never "aw" or "how sweet" Its always rude, but i have to admit that some were kind of funny.

                As me and Kat put our saddles back on Taylor got our jumps ready so we could train for our compition thats coming in a few weeks. i know it may sound like a long time from now, but really, its not. Me and Kat like to train early and the horses would get a better chance of not tripping. "Ready!" Taylor said as he was setting up the last jump. Kat had finished befor i did only because i had to find a big rock to stand on so i could get my saddle back on. although i had forgotten where i stood last time when i had taken my saddle off.

                   I finally got my saddle back on and was pointing out what was wrong with what jump Kat made. It was very good for a small poney over a 2 foot jump but she still needed more practice. How ever for Thunder the 2 foot jumps are more like trott overs. Kat was about to jump the 3 footed jump just suddenly Rosie started bucking. Refusing to jump was our worst nightmare. I knew should wouldnt have a chance with higher jumps. For some reason she just didnt want to go over. I mean were talking about a clumsy poney who barly makes it over trott overs.

               Finally it was my turn to jump. Today was not our day, either Thunder was out of energy from racing or he just didnt want to jump. Hes not like this when it comes to jumps. Hes ussally a ball of energy that i sometimes could handle. He stumbled and tripped but cought his self befor we both could land on the ground. I just gave up and helped Kat with pointers. "You have to push when shes about to jump." I said when she was taking break. You would think Rosie would be the one who would be so tired from the racing but i guess wrong.

                    I sence somethings wrong. Very wrong. Something bad is about to happen. The last time we were out here Ol'Blue had almost broke his leg. Thankfully in a spot where we could fix it. He still runs like hes never ran befor. But this time is different, I feel like something bad is going to happen to Thunder. My worst fear. It almost feels like a nightmare. "Hey guys i think we should go, NOW" I said getting more worried each miniute. "Why? Whats wrong?" Taylor said moving Ol'Blue and him self over to where Thunder and i stood, of corse we were still on our horses. "I sence somethings wrong and its scaring me." Right then when i said that Thunder started to panic. He started to bob his head up and down and prance his feet like he was stomping on ants. "im going home ill see you later" I said turning around and trying to gallop back home but failed. Thunder keep stopping and turning back to where the feild was. I fought back.