Chapter Three: Here's the Game Plan

Chapter Three:

Here's The Game Plan.

I awoke to a smash outside my window. I jump quickly and fall to the floor rapped in my duvet. After untangling myself from the soft cover I peer out my window to find Jayden standing in the room across from mine. He is unpacking boxes. Oh of course. Now we can stay up late while we write to each other on notepads like a Taylor Swift video.

I went to sit on my window sill when I slip and bang my head on the window. But of course didn't Jayden turn around just as I made a fool of myself. As I clutched my pounding head he bites his lip to hold back his laughter. Jayden opens his window and gestures me to do the same.

"You ok Leanne?" He asks suppressing his laugh.

"Yeah fine." I mumble. He nods.

"You've got a lot of stuff to unpack." I say trying to change the subject.

"This is my whole childhood. Just packed up in a bunch of cardboard boxes. I can't wait to go through them and see what I find." He looks at his barren room as he sits down on his window seat.

"Are you going to start today?" I ask again, probably sounding really nosey and rude.

"Honestly I can not be bothered. I mean look at it." He flails his arms around the room. Then he lets out a sigh.

"So is there anything to do around here?" Jayden placing his head on the frame of the window.

"Well. The forest's pretty cool to have a nerf war in." I say. Jayden lets out his laughter at this point.

"Mason'd love that. So how about I come over in about an hour and we go to the forest?" Before I have a chance to respond he closes his window. Guess I have no say in the matter.

This is going to be weird. I'm only used to having my brother's and Jessica as company. Now this whole new family moved in next door. Maybe it will be a good thing.

"Lee." Jessie bursts through my door and makes me fall onto my floor.

"What?" Jessie walks over and lies on my bed.

"I am in despair." She mumbles. I roll my eyes at the drama queen.

"About?" I say as I start to rummage through my closest for clothes.

"I have nothing to do."

"Well I'm going into the forest with Jayden in an hour if you care to join?" I turn back to see Jessie smirking.

"The new guy?" I nod at her and she just smiles even more. She goes to speak again when Corrie pops his head around the door. He has his hands over his eyes.

"Are you decent?" He asks waiting at the door.

"Yea." I say laughing at him.

"I'm not." Jessie shouts. He peeks through his fingers and rolls his eyes at her. He then walks over and wraps his arm around Jessie.

"Never lie to a boy about that stuff Jess." He teases but Jessie shoves him away.

"You're unbelievable Mac." I roll my eyes and the two of them.

They are both practically in love with each other and neither of them will admit it. It sickens me.
I grab some clothes and make my way towards my bathroom. Just as I'm about to close the door I turn back to the two of them and point a finger at them.

"No making out on my bed." They both blush, I was satisfied with their awkwardness.

I do my usual morning routine. Shower, toilet, teeth, get dressed. I'm about to go back into my room to dry my hair when I stop for a second. Should I put on make up? I look at myself in the mirror at first glance I just see myself. But as I continue to stare more and more imperfections appear on my face. I decide that it wouldn't hurt to put some make up on.