Chapter Two: Breaking the Ice

Chapter Two:

Breaking the Ice.

There was three weeks left of summer break and I thought " huh I'm just going to chill on my windowsill reading my book and blasting my awesome playlist." So I put on my playlist and Paramore:Still into you comes on. I sit down on my window about to read a book Kyle recommended to me when I am ambushed.

"What the h..." All four of my brother's, obviously not including Elliot, burst into my room and run straight for me. I screech and hold my book over my head in a petty attempt to defend myself. But when I open my eyes I am surrounded by them but they were all looking at of my window. Not even noticing me cowering in fear.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask pushing Sam off of me.

"The new people are moving in shush." Kyle silences me by putting his hand over my mouth. His hipster glasses (that he actually needed) were on the tip of his nose.

"Oohh let me see." I push through the boys and end up having my face squished against the window. The Carters are very nosey. We stare at what appeared to be a moving van and a 7 seater.

Out of the seven seater steps a tall handsome boy that looks about the triplets age, around 18. He immediately runs to help someone who I'm assuming to be his mother lift heavy boxes.

Then a girl that looked a year younger them him steps out. She takes a deep sniff and then hugs the air. I smile knowing I'll get along with her. She walks back to the car and lifts a little sleeping boy out. He looks about 5 and is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Until, yet another car door swings open.

It is like a movie scene his black converse hit the pavement slowly. Then he cooly steps out of the car. He wears dark jeans, a black top and a checkered shirt. He swings the car door closed while smiling at the murder house. He ruffles his caramel hair. Then his eyes flicker over to our house. All of my brothers immediately dive onto the floor. But since I was actually sitting on the window I didn't have a lucky escape.

If one cue the song 'one way or another' One Directions version comes on. And if any of you haven't heard it the lyrics are pretty starkerish. The boy smiles at me and gives me a half wave. I attempt to smile back but probably just end up looking constipated. But I do manage to wave. Then I see the one person I really didn't want socialising with our new neighbours. My mother. She is helping them carry boxes into the house.

"Oh no." I gasp and immediately all my brothers head shot up as if on cue.

"What?" They ask still remaining out of view. I stare at them on the floor and shoot them all a telepathic message. Quinn and Sam seemed to get it straight away because there faces dropped.

It was weird seeing the four of them sitting beside each other. Sam and Corrie were the spitting image obviously with their dark black hair and greenish eyes. Quinn and Kyle both had sandy blonde hair and the family green eyes. But I inherited my looks from Elliot. We both had light blonde hair and piercing blue eyes.

"She didn't?" Corrie ask. I swallow hard and nodded at him.

"I think she did." I say dryly.

"Kids. We're going to have guests for dinner. You have an hour to get ready." My mother calls from downstairs. All of us throw our heads back.

"Ugh."

~~~~~~~

I quickly dry my hair with a towel and then look at myself in the mirror. I have high waisted shorts and a hoodie on. I was going for the casual not trying look. It is in my house after all. I slip on a pair of purple converse thinking my mother would disapprove of my bunny slipper socks. I run a hand through my hair and it falls back into it's easy wave. I was about to head downstairs when I grab my cellphone. Immediately texting Jessie.