Chapter 15: Desolated hopes

"What's going on here?"

Joe's question could barely be heard amongst the curious crowd that was starting to form around us. The lady from the ticket booth got nervous and told us to bring our arguments elsewhere. But Kevin didn't move an inch.

"How could you do this to me?" He finally spoke, his words hurting me more than any other he could have said. "You kissed the one and only girl I love. My first fucking girlfriend. You have some nerve, Carter."

"But she was the one who-"

"Don't even go there," he spat, glaring at me, "I really expected better of you."

"But it wasn't-"

He made another swing at me, but Robin caught it. She pushed him back. He huffed and finally stepped back.

"Zack..." John said frowning.

"I really didn't expect that of you," David remarked.

"There are things you can and can't do," Joe said, "I thought it was obvious you couldn't do something like that."

I sighed irritated. Kevin threw his arm around Phoebe's shoulder and walked away with her. But right at that moment Robin ran off after them. My eyes widened in shock when she grabbed her arm and punched her. Kevin seemed like he was yelling at her and tried to hit Robin back.

This was a nightmare. So much for wanting to avoid making a scene...

We ran to them. Rachel was the first to pull Robin back, followed by Joe. I hadn't noticed her presence until now, actually. But although she seemed frail, her true strength was hidden all along. She actually managed to hold Robin back.

Kevin glared at me. "This is not over!" he shouted.

He pulled Phoebe away from us, who turned her head around and winked at me. Robin almost flew at her again if it wasn't for Rachel and Joe.

"Maybe it's for the best we just go home for today," David said with a frown.

Joe, Rachel and John nodded in unison. Robin snorted, and I just remained silent.

"I swear I'm going to kill her," she hissed.

I lowered my gaze. This was all my fault...

Robin placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I didn't kiss her," was all I could say.

"I believe you," she replied.

I could feel everyone's gaze on me. But Robin's words were all that mattered to me. Sure, so hurting Kevin was terrible and all, but if Robin had fallen for it as well it would have been the end of the world for me. At least now I just had to regain Kevin's trust. I was well aware that it wasn't going to be easy to do that. But it would be worth the try. Kevin was one of my closest friends. How could I just ignore this and move on?

Wednesday's P.E. seemed more like a battlefield than anything.

For some odd reason nobody knew about what had happened at the amusement park yesterday. Normally when fights broke out, the entire school would find out about them. But this time it wasn't known.

Not until P.E. that is...

We played basketball. The girls were told to play badminton in a separate room. They were the lucky ones. As for me, I was 'shockingly' placed in Kevin's group.

Basketball was actually my strongest point in P.E. Everyone knew that. I was used to them passing me the ball whenever we had a match. However, Kevin saw it differently today. He wanted to keep the ball all to himself. And worst of all, he missed all the shots. I didn't mind it all that much. It was just a game after all. But not everyone shared my opinion. The guys shouted at him to pass me the ball.