Chapter 19 Only the Beginning

Today is the day we stand and fight. Corny as per usual, but sadly it’s the truth. I will hopefully see Anthony today alive and maybe if all is well we can finally be together. It makes me smile just thinking about it. It’s weird feeling this bond that we share. Sometimes I forget it’s even there. I admit it, I love the boy. It’s weird to say those words so freely. I can’t let my feelings get in the way of things today. I’ve trained too hard to back down now and I refuse to lose against that bitch. Even though I know I can out there and fight I can’t help but think of childish thoughts. In reality all I really want is my mom. The disdained rhythm of the drums of war reaches my ears and now I must go. Die today I might, but love today I shall.

               The fairies leave the reservation in a fleet of many colors. A steady and billowing force they fly on to the building where many of Elders Councils have been held. A sacred place it is, no place for a war, but a war there shall be on this day. Two women lead this driving force. Their hair tied tightly to their heads and brows creased, focusing on the destination ahead.

               Meanwhile the witch sits patiently drumming her fingers on the armrest. She huffs bored out of her mind.

               “Come on, Come on,” she sighs impatiently, whilst rolling her eyes.

 The werewolf boy was hiding in the shadows, creeping; keeping a watchful eye on the magnificent witchy ol’ hag.  An army fully made out of dark magic awaits the fairies. They wait patiently in a solemn silence, ready for death. They were ready to play with it, bask in it, and create it. Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock.

               Finally the fairies had breached the horizon. The bright lights clash with the darkness right at twilight. Oh was it a sight to see from a far. It looked as though it was a bunch of tiny glimmering stars shooting across the night sky.

               The one eyed girl whom led, distances herself from the clash and seeks out the one whom she once called fairy godmother.

               I land in the arena with a force and sitting across from me was Brona, a smirk rested on her lips. Thymer’s and Gordon’s lifeless bodies lay at her feet soaked in blood. Trophies I presume. I take in a deep breath trying to kill my nerves. I picked up Anthony’s scent I just couldn’t pin point it. The little fucker, he better not be up to something or so help me God.

               Brona and I just continue to look directly at each other. There was no life in her eyes and I expect there is none showing in my own. She raises her hands and step back into a defense position, but all she does is throws her head back and cackle whilst she gives me a slow clap.

               “I am so proud of you my dear. I always knew you were a smart one. That’s why I like you Fay. You don’t let anyone take advantage of you well I did, but that’s just because you were blinded by my intellegence,” Brona sneered. She began to circle me, looking me up and down. I still stayed in my defense position, not moving a muscle.

               “Beautiful trophies you got there Brona,” I commented, nodding my head towards the disrespected dead. She smiles that all knowing smile. She brings her fingertips to her lips and giggles.

               “Oh why thank you Fay! I thought I might show off some of my impressive work. Well actually it wasn’t my own work it was lover boys.”

               “Don’t lie to…”

               “Oh but indeed Miss Fay,” Brona cackles. She stops directly in front of me and leans in, searching my emotionless eyes to see if I would give something away. I reached out and swiftly laid my hand across her cheek, but all she could do was laugh more and stare at me directly.

               “Where’s my mother?”

               “Why silly she’s dead too. You see now Fay I didn’t force Anthony to kill them he did it on his own free will. You see he never wanted you. He only wanted me and his revenge.”

               “Fay don’t listen to her!” Anthony comes swooping in from the shadows. All of a sudden I and Anthony are thrown backwards by a gust of wind. I open my eyes to see Brona’s glowing eyes above me and only her glowing eyes.

               “I shall be back for you my sweet heart. I never lose,” she says as her eyes disappeared into thin air and all that could be heard was her high pitched cackling as it echoed off.

               The clashing outside still ravished on as I heard the clanging of weapons and the cries of death. I hear Anthony have a rough coughing fit a few feet away. I get up slowly making sure nothing is damaged and then scurry over to him. He rests his upper body weight on his elbow as he leans to his side whilst lying down. The room is still dusty around us as Anthony holds his fist to his mouth unable to stop coughing. I rest my hand on his shoulder and I gently trace his jawline with my fingertips.

               His eyes so sorrowful as he peers up at me through his dark lashes. I shake my head at him, not wanting an apology.

               The morning suns light flames across my face through the stained glass window. I wake up groggily and stare ahead at Anthony’s sleeping form on the old wooden cot. We were in what was a catholic church but as of yesterday is an infirmary.

               My eyes sore from all the crying I had done just earlier. What had become of my life? I could sincerely tell you I wanted to just die. The hell with that though, I’m too stubborn, besides I’m going to hell anyway, so I might as well prolong that lovely experience of delight.

               Anthony had fallen just right onto a shard of wood when Brona provided her dramatic exit. If Anthony was awake and this had happened a few weeks ago I probably would have given him so much shit for getting hurt in such a wimpy way. Now of course things are different and I can’t help but just sit here and want to cry like a baby.

               I grab his lifeless hand and engulf it in my own two tiny ones. I kiss each of his knuckles tenderly as I stare on at his bare chest that slightly rises and then falls dramatically.

               Oh Anthony what am I going to do?