Chapter 10 Who Has the Upper Hand Here?

After our little tiff Anthony shifted and went for a run. I lazed around the house for most of the day after that. I decided to go for a swim and get cleaned up since I later discovered once I got here that there is no bathroom, so nature was our toilet for the rest of our stay. The back door to the cabin creaked as I opened it. Soon as I stepped out of the cabin I felt the sun beat down on my face. I stood there for a few moments soaking up the great  feeling.

I finally started to climb down the back of the hill to reach the little lake the waterfall created. Once I got far down enough I slid over to the rocky side of the waterfall. I threw my shirt and my jean shorts to ground near the edge of the lake.

I took a few steps closer to the waterfall, sliding my way on the uneven edge of the rock surface. The view below me was the clear lake and a few distorted rocks. The water kept pounding into the lake. The splash of the water pounding made the surrounding air heavy. Taking a deep breath I closed my eyes. Corny as it sounds I felt one with my surroundings. I guess it’s an animal thing. There’s no better feeling than being a part of nature. When you feel the emotion of your environment and you take it all in at once; it’s the most magical feeling in the world and I love it.

Finally jumping I felt the wind and water whip my face before splashing into the cool water. I opened my eyes under the crystal clear water. Nothing was beside me but, some plant life and little polliwogs swimming about. I pushed myself to the surface whipping my hair back.

When I broke the surface I came face to face with Anthony. Well sort of…more like his wolf form and hey, I got to admit, he was a pretty wolfie. I swam to a boulder close to the edge of the water where Anthony stood on his four legs. His rusty colored fur glistened in the sunlight. To be honest with you he sort of looked like one gigantic fox if you were to look at him from far away. It’s his facial features that give him away…well besides being huge.  

I rested my head on my forearms which were laid on top of the small boulder. Anthony came closer and began to sniff my head. Yeah like this isn’t awkward at all…

I tilted my head slightly looking into his dark brown eyes. He had this wolfish grin while looking at me. I raised an eyebrow at him.

“You done throwing a fit now? If not you can leave with your tail between your legs right about now,” I told him annoyed. He huffed.

“Do you always have to be so difficult? I don’t know how we’re going to make it through our time here if you keep acting like…well you.” OH MY GOD EW! He shifted right before my eyes. His naked body out on display for everyone to see. I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. He smirked at me, a knowing smirk too, that just made my blood boil. I looked away, pursing my lips into a thin line.

“Don’t be shy now Fay,” he chuckled. I kept my gaze away from him and began to swim away annoyed. He came up behind me quickly and pulled my back to his chest. He just held me there. I didn’t know what to do. No one had ever held me so gently before. There’s a weird feeling pulsing through me. It felt sort of,  nice. I began to relax and leaned back into him. I closed my eyes soaking up the good feelings that were going through me. I couldn’t help but to savor the precious moment. I sighed in content as the tingly feeling spread. Anthony leaned down to rest his chin on my shoulder.

“It feels nice, huh Faith. It could be like this all the time if you would just accept me. Be with me Faith,” he whispered into my ear. Those corny lines snapped me back into reality. I gripped his forearms that encircled my waist and dug my nails into them. I rose my leg up quickly and kicked him in his area. He bent over with an ‘oooh’. I elbowed him the gut and grabbed ahold of his right arm with both of my arms and flipped him.

I stomped out of the water furious as can be. My hands in white fists at my side while huffing and puffing the whole way back to the house. That was a close one. I almost screwed everything up. I need to talk to Brona and fast.

How was he capable of controlling me so easily just by touching me so sweetly. Ugh, just at the thought of how he touched me made me sick. I will never get that close to him again.

Unless…I used my body against him. Now that sounds like a plan.