Pretend I Love You

Let’s play a game, a game of imagination, a game of pretend.

 Pretend, I love you.

 Like small children play their injuries, my tender kisses are not real. Every word I whisper into your ear, yes all kind things that you want to hear, have no value.

 Pretend, I love you.

 Hugs that you long for aren't real. I could care less if you yearned for one while I was away. The nights we shared was fun as I pretended to love your body against mine.

 Pretend, I love you.

 With every note you gave me I threw it away, instantly forgetting what you had to say. Those pictures your drew of us, holding hands and smiling, burn in the fire.

 This game has gone to your head your taking it too far, as if you thought I'd love you for real. It was pretend, a child's game and I don't want to play anymore. You can't say it's over or we're breaking up, because we were never together. Pretend can seem very real... but remember my dear, no one can love you without pretending.

 Now let me go, let me be free. I don't want to pretend with you any more let me be. Go cry in your corner wishing what we 'had' was true. It was your fault you let it get to you. Thinking this was more than a game. Get away now, I've found someone new.

 Find someone else to pretend with you.