School = Prison

I quit school because of the horror. The feeling of power hungry teachers snarling down your back, the unknown stressed strings between students, an accidental bump turning into a mob fight. The building with cameras and gates with guards to patrol armed with guns for the safety but then are they really safe as people themselves? The chase of love the constant every day judgment for being just alive. I quit school because I saw the options of being the next terroristic threat to this country's future, or suicide.

But running away you say isn't right. And now I stand like a shaken dog that once escaped an abusive pound before put on death row, now I stand in that very prison's cold dark shadow. Frozen, nauseous, inhuman to those inside. I'm the elephant that can't climb the tree, the gold fish that can't fly, the stupid human that can't do anything right. Not the numbers on the board, to the worksheet on the desk, failure to all I should cease to exist! Stepping on eggshells, become invisible, don't speak unless spoken too, do not act unless controlled, look down and never up lest you look at someone wrong. Go with the herd like a worthless cut of cattle, you're late because of a bruise falling down the stairs? How dare you make me wait, how dare you not add to the amount of my paycheck!

Stolen from three times, name calling is still abuse, that dark shadow of the prison called school, don't make me go back there... I'll beg on the ground, I'll work twice as hard, I'll die peacefully out on the street... But don't make me go back to that place! That place that still haunts my dreams. Sleepless nights after years of being free! Horrified, terrified, trauma beyond repair! Don't! Please! Don't make me go back there!!