The end nears

Chapter 15

(The end nears)

Katie’s point of view

The castle was so quiet it was unsettling. My heels clicking as I walked was the only sound. My blue eyes glanced down at the pink dress I wore. It was the same dress I’d worn to the theater the night Dracula had taken me from my once normal life. I didn’t understand why he’d sent word I was to wear this dress to breakfast but there were a lot of things I didn’t understand.

Sedrick moved to the side as we approached the dining room and I entered the presence of the count.

Dracula took in the sight of me for a moment and then standing up said, “Come.” I didn’t argue and approached the powerful man before me. There was no reason to fight him; it would only hurt me.

I went to the chair on his right and he helped me with my chair. It was strange really. Dracula was always formal but there was an almost gentleness to the way he was suddenly treating me. With me situated he walked back to his chair and sat down. A rare smile was on his face. If I had to guess, I would say he looked proud.

“You seem happy,” I said carefully.

“You have never looked more radiant than you do this morning, Katie.”

 His words were approving and I couldn’t help but think ‘Does he truly like this dress on me that much?’

**

Memphis point of view

I was leaning on the wall watching the various leaders and other slayers argue about what we should do and how we should do it for the third day in a row. You would think with this many skilled people in one place we’d already have a plan in place. I consider myself a patient person but between the constant arguing, Badia constantly hitting on people and pissing off several of the women, one being Monica, I’d finally had it.

No longer willing to listen to this anymore I stuck two fingers in my mouth and let out a deafening whistle. “That’s it! Shut the Fuck Up and listen!” I ordered. It was almost instantaneous as several eyes went wide and the room became full of shocked faces. I ignored everyone and walked to the front of the room .

“Anca,” I said approaching the table holding a diagram to the cemetery where Katie’s change was to take place. “Which area has the most hidden areas to try to escape from?”

“The South,” She replied.

“Then it only makes sense for your group to cover the south entrance. This is your turf and you know it best.” Anca nodded and with a glance at her group they also nodded.

“I really…”

“Shut up, Zack,” I interrupted. “Dividing the groups up will make us weak not strong,” I told him calmly. “If we had time, then yes, it could be beneficial but we don’t have the time and neither does Katie. We stick to our groups. We know everyone in our own group’s strengths and weaknesses.” I noticed a few nods of agreement but paid them no attention.