We wait

Chapter 13

(We wait)

Brock’s point of view

We were almost to the cell area when I stopped and looked at Sasha. “I must warn you. Danielle was once very beautiful but her beauty is now gone.” The blonde woman gave a small nod. “Please me and our master, Sasha, and you can everything that she could have had in time. Understand?”

“Yes,” she replied. I nodded and taking her by the hand led her toward the cell that caged my master’s pet.

We approached the bars to see Danielle sitting in the shadows in the back of her cell with her back to us. I felt Sasha tense but gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

“You aren’t allowed to hurt me anymore, Brock,” Danielle spat not bothering to look my way.

“I don’t need to hurt you,” I replied. “I have someone else now.” I watched as she looked back at me over her shoulder. Her eyes went from me to the woman next to me.

“Don’t trust him,” Danielle warned my new lady.

“I never harmed you until you were brought back,” I retorted. “When did I ever hurt you Danielle? When, during the time you were mine, did I hurt you?” I challenged.Danielle fell silent not saying a word. “You have nothing to say because you know you brought this on yourself,” I said harshly.

“I don’t deserve this!” She snarled at me as she suddenly seemed to find every ounce of her strength. “I do not deserve this!”

**

Danielle’s point of view

I glared at him through the bars. “Nothing I did deserved this!” I snapped.

“Oh!” The blonde woman at Brock’s side gasped before turning her head into Brock’s chest. If there was any doubt in my mind of how people might react to the sight of me now I no longer doubted it.

I felt the sting of tears as the woman clung to my former lover as if she needed protection from me . “Let the girl go, Brock. She’s barely more than a child,” I sneered.

“You could have had it all once, Danielle,” He told me putting his arms around the blonde woman. “I only regret in my anger at you I hurt such a beautiful woman,” He said and looked down at the trembling girl. I rolled my eyes as he looked down at the blonde woman.

She looked up at him and I knew she was under his spell. Brock could be charming when he wanted to be. “Don’t trust him!” I told her.

“How could you hurt him?!” She said angrily toward me. Turning her eyes back to Brock she said, “I forgive you.”

“You can’t be that stupid,” I told her.

“Do not speak to her that way!” Brock snarled. “You are just a pet! Sasha is far more,” he added his voice becoming soft as he looked at the blonde woman. He reached down and gently kissed her. It made me think of when he used to kiss me. I glared at them both and then went back to where I had been in the shadows. I didn’t wish to watch them.

“Come, Sasha, this is a place for animals, not you.” I didn’t watch as he walked away with his new playmate. Softly I began to cry as the sounds of their footsteps disappeared. While I would never openly admit it, part of me wished I’d never fled. I hated him but in truth he had been very good to me. As long as Sasha pleased him he would treat her like a princess and I knew it. I envied it.

**

Memphis’ point of view

I felt very optimistic about meeting at the church and in broad daylight. Those that were loyal to Dracula did not normally spend time near a church. Especially not one that was openly supportive of slayers. We got off the bus and began walking toward the church from down the street.