Found amongst Enemies

Chapter 7

(Found amongst Enemies)

Dracula’s point of view

I was anything but pleased as I stood on the roof where Harrods’s was located. The slayers were smarter than I thought. Sedrick had easily been able to track down the address for the license plate number. It should have been a simple matter of showing up at night and taking back what was mine. Unfortunately, the address led us to a house that had been abandoned for many years. It seemed my enemies had learned from a previous encounter.

As I stood there my minions were heading out in search of my missing bride. London had been completely searched with nothing found. I’d sent them out further knowing my enemies had left London, and there was no point in searching this area any longer.

“Where are you, Katie?” I asked as I looked off into the distance toward the direction of the country side. I was surprised to hear a string of musical notes out of nowhere.

It took me a moment to realize it was coming from the small cordless phone in my pocket that Sedrick had given me. I pulled it out and for a moment I wasn’t sure what to do with it. Then, remembering my servant’s directions, I opened the phone and put it to my ear. “Yes?” I answered.

“A slayer has been spotted, master.” Sedrick informed me.

“Where?” Sedrick gave me the location and I closed the phone.

I looked at the small silver device in my hand. I had already used a computer, so using a phone should seem second nature to me now, but it was still so foreign. I was not reluctant to learn how to use the computer but had been very reluctant about the phone. I suppose it was because I’d heard tales of the phones causing health risks to humans. I am not mortal, but I highly doubted there were any known affects to vampires.

“Interesting something so small and useful has caused humans problems.” I thought. I slipped the phone back into my pocket and headed for the slayers location. With any luck I could follow my enemy back to their headquarters and retrieve my bride. “Perhaps the little phones humans had become so dependent on would be useful to me as well.” I thought happily .

**

Katie’s point of view

I had looked out into the night several times in my first days with the slayers but not now. I felt very much protected surrounded by slayers and having Parker hold me at night made me feel that much safer.

I smiled as I looked out where Parker was training with several other slayers. It amazed me how physically fit all of them were. I was even more amazed by some of the things they could do. “Wish I could do even half of that,” I commented to myself.

“Do you want to learn?” I jumped before turning around to see an amused Monica before her face went serious again. “Do you?” She asked.

I shrugged “I’m not a slayer.” I stated.

“That doesn’t mean you can’t learn to protect yourself at least a little,” Danielle said entering from the other entrance into the kitchen.

“It would be nice to not feel so helpless,” I admitted. “Danielle…” I started to stay when she interrupted me.

“Go on, I’ll finish up in here,” The red-haired woman replied. Monica nodded and gestured for me to follow. I looked at Danielle who only nodded and gave me an encouraging smile. I put the rag in my hands down on the counter and followed the black-haired girl out of the kitchen.

Monica led me outside toward the side of the house. I was surprised to see a small table with weapons laid out on it. Looking over at the slayer I saw her smirk at me; her hazel eyes sparkling. “I was already planning on bringing you out here,” She informed me.