|Prologue| File: Morgan Newly. Case: Abuse.

So, I know I already re-did this chapter but I wasn't really happy with it. I am going to re-do the whole story and maybe that will help me start writing again. I hate writers block, so lets keep our fingers crossed that this will get rid of it. I will move the original chapters to a new stroy group, incase you want to see any changes or how my writing has changed. Thank you for reading. -HaileyOhBaby

^also as a side note, please excuse any spelling/grammatical errors, my microsoft word stopped working so I have no spellcheck.

**

Where am I? Why am I here? Why am I in so much pain? Why am I having trouble moving? I tried to make sense of all the questions that ran through my head. I fluttered my eyes open and moved my sore arms up to wipe away the dry tears from my crusty eyes. When they were finally clean I opened them again and slowly took in my suroundings. My head felt like it was spinning and my vision was a little bit blurry. I turned my ehad to the side, only to see i.v.'s running to my arms and machines surrounding my body in a tacky white room. I soon realized that this was a hospital.

I tried to remember why on Earth would I be in a hospital, but I couldn't think of any clausible reasons. My body was buried in blankets, only leaving my chest up exposed. I looked at my arms, which were all I could really see with those blankets on me and took notice of the multiple bruises and cuts that covered them. Was I in a car accident? Thats the only thing I could think of that would happen to me.

I opened my mouth to try and call for help, but my voice was hoarse and my throat protested for water. I found a little remote in my bed and pressed the "call nurse" button. It started to beep and flash red, after a few seconds it turned off. Soon, a tall brunette, probably in her late twentys, walked into the room and started to fiddle with the machines as she talked to me.

"Its nice to see you finally awake. You've been out for a few days. I presume you want some pain killers?" She asked, with a warm smile.

Now that she had mentioned it, all the pain in my body doubled. My abdomen felt as if it had been ripped open and and stung with pain. I felt like a ragdoll.

She hooked up a bag full of liquid, which I guess was the pain medicine, to the i.v.'s that were imbedded in my skin and went to the sink in the corner. She grabbed a small plastic cup and filled it with water, then came back and handed it to me. My body craved for the refreshment and I chugged it down greedily.

I coughed a few times and finally muttered, "What am I doing here?"

She looked at me with sympithetic eyes, and sat on the corner of my bed. "Maybe you should talk about that with the doctor hun."

I didn't understand what happened to me that could have been so bad.

Then it all came back to me.

*

"So Morgan, can you explain to me exactly how everything happened?" Detective Perry Whitman asked me. I sat up in my bed, using the side bars for support. I tried to ignore the pain that stabbed every part of me as I silently begged for the pain killers to finally kick in.

"Everything?" I asked, my voice still scratchy. Ofcourse I wouldn't expect any less with all the screaming I had done.

"Yes. From the beggining. How it all started to now." I nodded and he pulled out a pen and his notepad. The nurse, whose name I found to be Janet, knocked on the door then came in while smiling appologetically for interupting. "Sorry, but I need to change her bandaging around her abdomen."

I sighed and thanked the Lord for my body finally starting to become numb. Although I still felt it when she cleaned the wounds, the alchohol stinging worse than a thousand wasps. When she finally finished she patted my hand gently, knowing I was still in pain and exited the room. Detective perry resumed. "So tell me how it all happened."

His assistant, whom he called Anderson, fiddled with the tape recorder and listened intently. I sighed, trying to think of where to begin. I didn't feel comfortable talking about Michael, but if I was going to take him to court then it needed to be said.

"Well, its been going on for a while, but things didn't really get bad. Well, until about around the time my brother came home." And so the story began.