thirty six

A/N: sorry if there are any typos in advance :/

- mia

.

_________________________________

.

- Alex -

.

.

I groaned, waking up from my slumber as I found Niall sprawled on the floor beside me.

Laughing at the memories from last night, from Niall actually dancing, to the time he played some guitar for everyone, basically he was the life of the party.

Honestly, my birthday wouldn't have come to be without him.

It was funny to think about it, actually.

We were such different people back in high school, even though it was just about a year ago when we graduated.

Smiling, I poked at his cheek, his face was smushed into the floor seeing he was face down.

To think about it now, when I first met Niall, he was really annoying. I mean it wasn't surprising, I genuinely found everyone annoying back then except for a few people I held close to me.

"Alex?" He grumbled, not bothering to open his eyes.

I looked around at the trashed frat house, a few other people laying around as well.

"Hey." I mumbled, glancing at the clock. "Want to get breakfast? Maybe some Denny's?"

His eyes opened at the mention, making me snicker.

I tried to look around the room for Natalie, but then realized she wasn't here.

"Did Natalie leave last night?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think that guy took her back to the dorms, what's his name again? Zach?"

"Zayn, Niall. His name is Zayn."

"Oh, well it's easy to get confused. He's a good looking bloke, isn't he?"

"Natalie hated him at first, you know? Actually, like.. Despised every fiber in him."

"Then why is she with him then? Honestly, it bothers me." Niall mumbled. "I was really rooting for them, you know.. Nat and Harry."

"Me too." I sighed. "But she seems happy with Zayn.." My voice trailed.

I couldn't help but think this was partly my fault for maybe giving Natalie the wrong idea.

"I know Natalie. She's faking, you could see it, can't you? Or am I the only one?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

I got to my feet, running my fingers through my blue hair before holding a hand out to help him up as well.

"I don't know. She seemed fine the past three months or so, until yesterday. She was just acting so weird."

"Come on, let's go get that breakfast. We've got some catching up to do anyway." He rose an eyebrow, pulling a small smile.

I nodded, playfully linking my arm with his. "I'm driving, because I'm the most sober."

"Whatever you say, Alex." He chuckled, as we had weaved our way through the house and left.

.

.

Now that he brought it up, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

How much Natalie might have been suffering, and Harry too.