thirty five

.

.

- Harry -

.

.

I was still frozen in place, staring at my phone for the longest time.

Was she being serious? Was this another joke?

It had to be..

Or maybe she was drunk. That had to be it.

It's been five minutes already, Louis and Danielle still staring at me like I've gone crazy.

I would in a second, if I don't get to the bottom of this.

I continued to ignore them though as I hesitantly typed a reply.

.

Me : What?

.

I slightly pushed my phone away from me, burying my face in my hands.

"Oh my god. Oh my.. Freaking god." I whispered continuously to myself, growing even more anxious as the time passed by.

"What is it now, Harry? A new level on Best Fiends?"

"No! No, listen.. It's Natalie. Or a drunk Natalie. She wouldn't just randomly text me i love you after months and months.. And, I don't even know what's going on." I rambled, motioning my hands as they both stared at me with wide eyes.

"Well talk her down! Call her." Louis insisted as I shook my head.

"I can't. I don't know what to even say to her."

"Well first off, tell her how much of an idiot you are for letting her go."

"Wrong, Louis.'' I pointed. "She let me go."

"Okay, I think it's clear both of you let each other go." Danielle cut me and Louis off as we silenced.

Yeah, I guess she was right.

But Natalie was drunk.. Again. She probably has no idea what she's even saying.

So maybe I'd just play along.

.

.

Unknown : I LVOE YOU HARRY

Me : who dis

Unknown : norma

Me : um sorry norma doesn't quit ring a bell

Norma : IT WAS ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS I SAID TO YOU

Me : okay natalie look you need to stop

Norma : stop? im not a car that you can just teLL TO STOP HARRY YOU ARENT A STOPLIGHT

Me : Natalie please

Norma : i owed it to you

Me : you didn't owe me anything, i said i loved you, it didn't have to be a two way street

Norma : i love you. I loved you so much, that I took you for granted. I let you go, bc I lost hope in us.

Me : you're drunk nat, please. Don't do this.

Norma : don't do what?

Harry : don't make me feel this way. Don't make me feel like there's still something there when tomorrow morning, you'll wake up and push me away. Again.