one

[ chapter one ♡ ]

.

"Nat!" My dearest friend Alex screamed at me.

"What?'' I groaned from my bed.

"I have a butt cramp."

"Oh that sounds wonderful." I chuckled, leaning on my side and smirking.

"I feel like Spongebob and Patrick in that episode where Larry the Lobster taught them how to swim.''

"Vivid.'' I followed, still on my phone. Wait, how long have I been on my phone. "Spongebob is life."

"I need w-w-water!" Alex imitated spongebob making me burst out laughing at how good that was.

"I didn't take four years of drama for nothing." She laughed with me. She was right. Alex was a drama major, maybe she'd become a professional actress and leave me, who knows.

A silence followed as I scrolled through my twitter feed. I loved cat posts, so I retweeted a few of those and of course stopped 5SOS because why the hell not.

"Ugh, Alex." I sighed, locking my phone and setting it on my chest after I had retweeted some stuff.

"Yes babe." She says from my carpet floor. I scoot to the end of my bed, craning my neck at her. My brown eyes lock with hers as she just smiled.

"My phone is of no use when no one ever texts me I might as well throw it in the ocean."

"What, I bet you get all the guys pfft come on Nat."

I literally cackled like the wicked witch of the West.

"You are literally the only conversation I have saved in my texts." I pout.

"Well it won't be that way for long. After this summer, you'll practically be swimming in your contact list because of so many guys in it."

"How does one swim in their contact list." I pondered.

"I don't know but you get the point. High school was a drag now it's your turn to be savage as fuck in college."

"I will." I pep talked myself. "You know what, I'll do exactly that."

"That's the Natalie I know." She grinned.

"You've known me ever since the diaper days."

"Exactly.''

.

The rest of the day dragged on, my best friend and I kind of just enjoyed the day by eating over four boxes of bagel bites and a liter of pepsi as we rewatched The Vampire Diaries.

Okay, maybe I'd want to be Elena because Damon, the heck.

But then again no, because I wouldn't want to die. I love my life too much.. I guess.

But I couldn't help but notice Alex who was side tracked, tapping away at her phone screen. The blue haired girl groaned, rolling her eyes and then laughing to herself. She smirked at her phone, typing faster (if that was even possible.)

"Are you cheating on me?'' I blurted making her look up at me with wide eyes.

"No! I'm just talking to that guy Harry.''

"Who?" I rose my eyebrows cluelessly. He sounded so much like a prince, oh wait because that was the prince of England. Not like Alex would be texting the -

what even goes through my mind on a daily basis.

"Harry. Styles? He was in our graduating class..'' Her voice trailed. Nothing was ringing a bell. "Green eyes, dimples, brown wavy hair, looks like a hipster goddess?"

"Who? Sounds like Flavio."

Alex groaned, closing her eyes but I laughed to myself. ''Harry! The Harry from PE class?"

"What the fuck?" I just said. ''I hated PE, how do you expect me to reminisce through the horrid mile runs and long jumps and stretches.''

"He doesn't really talk to you, so I don't know.''

"I'm practically with you every single day of high school when did this Harry dude ever talk to you?"

"I.. Okay so there's this app called Casper.'' She explained. ''And basically this is a texting app and also an anonymous kind of app like ask.fm? Well it's complicated because you can talk to the person who asks you questions on your page and I invited the entire class to go leave questions on my page basically."

"Casper app, is it like new or something? Why am I so lame.'' I frowned slightly. I literally never keep up with this kind of stuff.

''And it's cool because that person who asked you the anon question can have the option to reveal themselves and talk to you on a private chat on the app.'' Alex went on. ''And Harry did this, so now I guess we're talking. I still can't believe you don't know him, he had a crush on you, freshman year!"

"How?" I just asked.

"What do you mean how, you're pretty."

"Pretty ugly." I laughed at my own comeback..to myself.

Yeah, I need help.

"Alex?" I waved a hand at her. "Hey!'' I jumped on the bed impatiently.

"Shhh."

''What are you doing?"

"I'm helping both your needs here.'' She motions, a smirk on her face. "I am such a good person." Alex praised herself as she continued to tap quickly at her phone. "Casper saves lives I swear."

"What are you doing?" I frowned. I knew Alex obviously, as her best friend, by the look on her face I knew she wasn't up to no good.

"Being a good wing woman."

"I--"

Before I could answer to that, my phone dings and weirdly, this time it wasn't Alex texting me. Or my mom.

I narrow my eyes at Alex suspiciously as she grinned at me just pretending to shrug innocently.

"You didn't." I wasn't stupid.. At least I believed I wasn't that low to not catch on.

"Oh, I did. The kid deserves it. He used to crush on you."

"Four years ago?!"

"Three." She corrected.

"Okay three, but that doesn't change the fact he wants to talk to you."

"I don't even know who he is. You know, I could be getting catfished." I shrugged. "What if Casper isn't as safe as people say it is? What if a bearded man is texting me?!"

"Beard or no beard. That is a human being!" She laughed a little at what she had said.

I groaned, staring at my phone before unlocking it and looking at the new messages.

Unknown : is this norma

As I read the message, my phone dinged again. "What the hell." I whispered.

Unknown : ??

Okay now I really believed I was being pranked or something. By my own best friend and some mad man or woman. Or group of people, how should I even know?

me : tf this is natalie who u be

.

_______________________________

A/N:

I WANTED TO START THIS CUTE AND FUNNY LITTLE FANFIC ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR FUN BC MOST OF THIS BOOK WILL CONSIST OF TEXT MESSAGES AND EVENTUALLY MORE BUT YEAH HAHAAH

MORE TO COME AND HARRY YOULL SEE MORE ABOUT HARRY

.

- BritishBums x