Chapter 3

*Note: For those who might be confused, this story is being told in 2019, Harry is 25 years old.*

...

Sutton raises her eyebrows at the shirt Maddy holds in her hands, a small white tube top with barley any material to the piece of clothing itself. She discretely shakes her head, and turns towards another rack of clothing.

"You have to wear something to show off that American bum of yours." Maddy tells her, scanning through the racks near her, with a smile. Sutton rolls her eyes, and just keeps pretending to be interested in the line of shirts in front of her. She isn't even one-hundred percent sure if she wants to go to this club opening tonight, but she was to scared to mention anything to Maddy. They have been fighting a lot over Sutton's lack of social activity, and she didn't have the energy to have the same argument again.

The week seemed to slip by quickly, and Sutton had run out of excuses to avoid this dreadful club opening. Maddy has already purchased her outfit for tonight, so she was only shopping to find an outfit for her friend.

"Mads, I have stuff at the house. Worst comes to worst I can borrow something or yours, I don't really need to buy anything new." Sutton reminds her, and after hesitating for a moment, Maddy agrees and they leave the shop, and head towards Maddy's car in the front parking lot of the mall.

The whole car ride home they both don't speak to one another, only because Maddy has her music playing extremely loud with all the windows down. Sutton never understood the joy of drawing attention, people always admired (or just stared at) the commotion she caused from afar, but it usually made Sutton uncomfortable. Maddy sings along to the loud and repetitive music playing through the stereo, while Sutton tries to come up with ways to get out of going tonight.

...

"Well hopefully you won't have to worry about any rides until tomorrow morning." Maddy answers Sutton with a wink, implying that she will sleep at some random guys house like Maddy does most nights.

All of Maddy's friends let out high pitched laughs, but Sutton just rolls her eyes and tugs on the hem of her dress. She personally thought it was offensive to even wear something as short as what she was currently wearing, but all of Maddy's friends seemed to be on the same page with the apparent dress code, and she was to embarrassed to argue in front of them.

Sutton observed that Maddy's friends kind of resemble the popular girls in school, who obviously have graduated, but still need that constant attention in any form they can receive it. Which typically leads them to living a life that only consists of clubbing and some type of modeling. Maddy wasn't completely like them, but Sutton could see how they were all in a friend group.

All the girls turn when the front door of the flat opens, and Sarah lets out an obvious huff of annoyance when she sees the group of tall and slender girls in her kitchen. Sutton sees Maddy slightly smirk, and she quickly thinks of an escape plan. She looks at Maddy, as if to say 'I'm going to go talk to Sarah for a bit,' and Maddy nods. Sutton needs to act quick, it was already ten and the girls were probably going to leave soon.

Sarah walks straight past the cluster of people in the kitchen, a scowl on her features, and Sutton quickly turns and follows her into her room.

"You look different." Sarah observes, and she turns to see Sutton closing the door.

"Yeah, exactly why I need your help. I really don't want to to this fucking club opening, Mads is basically forcing me against my will, making me wear this which should really be illegal to even wear in public." Sutton complains, pointing to the dress barley hanging on her body, and Sarah's eyes lighten.