14 | Snake and Lion

Song: "You Are the Wilderness" by Voxhaul Broadcast. 

14 | Snake and Lion

Hermione and Blaise had left the room once Draco had lain himself to bed, his fever shooting up once again for he failed to drink his medications.

"Malfoy," she said between her gritted teeth. She and Blaise were walking down the hallway. "Ever so stubborn. Ever so proud to take his medications."

The Slytherin beside her regarded her with raised eyebrows. "You know, to be honest, Gryffindor girl, I'm surprised you lasted this long."

"What do you mean?" She asked him, fixating her gaze at the end of the hallway.

"You loathe Malfoy. You hate him."

She shook her head in dismay. "To be honest, I'm surprised I lasted this long,

Ron looked up to her and instantly stood up, his sudden change of expression baffling her. "What took you guys so long?" He asked.

"His fever shot up again." She informed him. "Stupid Malfoy didn't take his capsule."

He nodded at her response, sitting down slowly. She looked at Harry, whose eyes were fixated on his almost empty plate, obviously thinking of something.

"Harry?"

His head shot up to her.

"What were you lads talking about?" She asked, sitting down to the seat between the two of them. "Pretty sure Blaise and I interrupted something."

"It's nothing." Harry and Ron said simultaneously.

She smiled up at them, noticing their odd behavior. "Well, with the put off demeanor you have right now, I reckon its something."

Ron looked down at his lap, choosing to not answer her question. Harry quickly glanced at him and decided to respond for his sake. "It's really nothing," he assured. "So, are you going to start staying here?"

"Staying here?" Zabini asked her, suddenly interested with their conversation.

"Well, she started to say. "Shacklebolt asked someone from the MLE to monitor Malfoy twenty-four-seven. Gather information about the whereabouts of other Death Eaters. Ask him about what the three of them have been doing for the past three years. Journalists from the Quibbler and the Daily Prophet have been bombarding the Ministry with questions, and Kingsley just wanted give them their piece of mind."

"Gather information regarding other Death Eaters? There aren't any of them frolicking around Britain anymore."

"Seriously Zabini, why do even continue trusting the media with information?" Ron scoffed, but he didn't come out as rude towards him or anything. He sounded like he was tired of the media withholding information. Now though, he was a bit grateful that he is involved with the Ministry now, as it caused him to know more about things like these.

"Look, I forgot to bring my suitcase with me." She informed them. "If you don't mind, I'll just go to my flat to get them, while the three of you wait here."