8

Steve

        "Caly, wake up. Come on, we're here." Nat shook her arm gently. 

        "Caly, get up." 

        Nothing. 

        "She's not going to wake up, is she," Nat said, sitting back. 

        "It's okay, I can carry her." 

        I hooked my arms under her arms and legs and lifted her effortlessly. She was very light, which was unsurprising because of her tiny, slender figure. She unconsciously leaned her head into my shoulder and snuggled into me, making me smile. 

        "Aw," Nat cooed teasingly, and I shook my head at her, chucking. 

        I carried her over to the helicopter and laid her across a few seats. Her long, blonde hair was spread out across the chairs, and her nose was scrunched up adorably. Her eyes were closed, hiding that unique purple color. 

        Nat appeared behind me, and the doors closed. We sat down on either side of Caly and waited for the helicopter to take off. 

        "What do you think she can do?" Nat asked, and I looked down at her. 

        She was nice, kind, caring, and sweet. Possibly something based off of those traits. Or maybe it was something we could never expect, like she could blow up a city with the blink of an eye.

        "I don't really know," I told Nat. 

        "We know it doesn't have anything to do with weapons," Nat said, and I nodded thoughtfully. Nat put her finger to her ear again and listened intently. She laughed. 

        "Coulson, you know Stark trusts me as far as he can throw me," she said. All the humor suddenly drained from her eyes. "Bozhe moi," she murmured, which I assumed was something in Russian. 

        "I've got to go." She stood up, her red hair flashing. "This helicopter will take you straight to the helicarrier. Fury will be there; I should arrive a few minutes after you guys. It's not too far from here," she informed me, walking towards the exit. 

        "Where are you going?" I asked, sitting up. 

        "To find Banner," she said. "Good luck with Caly. She's kind of a handful." And with a quiet laugh, Nat left. 

        I sighed, leaning back and looking over at Caly, who hadn't stirred the entire time. 

        "It's just you and me now," I told her. 

        After a few more minutes of waiting, a few S.H.I.E.L.D. agents entered the helicopter and closed the door. The helicopter took off, swaying from side to side, and I reached an arm over and pressed Caly back so she wouldn't fall onto the floor. 

        We soared over the city and reached a huge stretch of ocean. Halfway through the ride, Caly started shivering. I slipped off my brown leather jacket and draped it over her. It was almost as big as she was, and the sight made me grin. She snuggled deeper into the jacket, and I sighed and returned to staring out the window. 

        It took a few more hours of nothing but vast, blue ocean for the sun to come up. And when it did, someone announced that we were only a couple hours out from the helicarrier. Sighing in relief, I sat back and lost myself in my thoughts. Soon, I had drifted off.  

        Poke. Poke poke. Pokepokepokepoke- 

        "I'm up, I'm up," I mumbled, stretching my arms.