2

"Dylan, come here." Zayn said, looking away from his mother.

"Z-Zayn," She began, not really knowing what to say.

He ignored her, squatting to Dylan's height.

"Papa will be back, okay? I love you so much, and I want you to have the best day ever, then you can come home and tell daddy and I all about it, yeah?" Zayn asked, holding Dylan's shoulders.

Dylan nodded. "You can go papa, I'll be okay." He assured Zayn.

"I know." Zayn said, kissing his head.

"Zayn please-" His mother tried.

"Don't." Zayn said, not even looking at her.

"Let's go, Sammy." He said, picking the boy up and taking what toys he had out of his his hands.

"But papa-"

"Hush." Zayn warned, tossing the toys back in the box before he quickly left the room.

"I wanted to play." Sam whined.

"If I hear you whine one more time we're going straight home, and you're taking a nap." Zayn said.

Sam pouted, and Zayn rushed out to his car.

He quickly strapped Sam into his car seat, got in, and drove away.

Zayn didn't know where he was going, he just knew he needed to get away.

And the fact that he had to leave Dylan bothered him deeply.

He'd have to get Dylan a different teacher.

Zayn rested his head on the wheel when he reached a stoplight, sighing heavily.

He almost wanted to throw up.

"I want daddy." Zayn heard Sam say sadly.

"You know daddy's at work." Zayn eventually said, lifting his head.

"Make him come home." Sam said.

"I can't." Zayn said shortly, making a U-turn to go home.

Zayn heard Sam sniff, and he sighed again. "Sammy why are you crying? Daddy will be home later, you know that."

"M'not c-crying. Just want daddy." He cried.

Zayn decided then that when they got home, he was going to read Sam his favorite story, and put him down for a nap.

When Sam was woken up too early, or his sleeping was interrupted in any type of way, he was very emotional all day long.

Grumpy, whiney, irritable, and sometimes even violent.

"Papa we just passed the candy shop." Sam spoke up after a while.

"Oh, did we?" Zayn smiled, realizing that Sam had quit crying.

"Yeah. We should go back." He said.

"I'll have daddy stop and get candy on the way home." Zayn said to him.

"Promise?" Sam asked.

Zayn looked at him in the rearview mirror. "I promise."

-
-
-

"Lions don't have green eyes." Flynn commented, looking at Dylan's drawing.

Harry would be home any moment, and while Zayn was trying to think of what to make for dinner, he decided to bring the kids in the kitchen to draw so he could keep an eye on them all.