J's P.O.V

J's P.O.V

I walk  into my bar already knowing something is off, thanks to the phone call I got ten minutes earlier. My eyes scan the occupants searching for Spirit knowing she is here and probably has been for quite a while now. As my eyes fall on her I can't help but smile, my smile widens even more as I give her a good once over and notice her outfit for tonight. She gives me a questioning look and clears her throat 'hey J' I look her over to make sure she isn't hurt physically I see nothing wrong, but before she looks away her eyes betray her, and I know something has happened and that whatever is off here has to do with her. 'Hey baby girl, how are you doing tonight?' I question while damming myself for being so obvious.  'you know that doesn't work on me' she says with an amazingly beautiful pink blush lighting up her pale cheeks, with a slight chuckle barely audible she adds 'so stop trying it, and I'm okay.' Her voice cracks on the end of her sentence and I tense yet again. I look her over once more thinking I may have initially missed something, but still find nothing wrong. Trying not to growl I manage to somehow spit out 'just okay?' I stare at her making it clear that if she lies I will know. With a broken look and a hoarse voice she complies 'it's nothing, I just had a weird feeling before I entered here tonight is all.' With those words and the unshed tears in her eyes I lose the battle. My fangs lengthen my eyes change and my breathing stops. As I go to move I feel the change; a predator is nearby cautiously I take a breath in thru my nose, and the scent almost drives me to my knees. I know that scent I've been obsessed with it since I met her three years ago. I know the scent because Spirit carries it with her, it can only mean one thing; she's not the only one around here now. I look up and an involuntary hiss escapes me. We have another hunter.