Chapter Two Pt.2

Pt.2

    As I awake, the pain in my chest returns with a vengeance, I scream and try to work thru the pain; I close my eyes and just breathe. It doesn't help much though, I have to grit my teeth just to keep from screaming out again, once I think I've gotten the pain to where I can manage it without screaming bloody murder I re-open my eyes and take stock of my surroundings. I'm in what appears to be a cave, with a small bedding type thing that I'm so haphazardly spread out upon, there's nothing else in this cave besides me and the bedding and rocks lots of rocks. The light shining in thru the opening of the caves mouth is quickly fading, I realize that the sun must be going down. But how is that possible? It was only 3am when I was stabbed. Where am I and how long have I been here? What if no one is here? What if I was just left here? I can feel my heat start to speed up and sweat starts to pool in the middle of my back. Calm down I tell myself over and over, it's going to be alright. When that doesn't work and my breathing starts coming out in uneven gasps I know I have to calm down or I'm going to have a panic attack right here in the semi-open. Stop it I tell myself firmly you are not some poor defenseless harpy that needs codling, I work for one of the oldest vampires I remind myself I'm not without skills. When my heart returns to its normal rate I tentatively call out 'hello, is anyone there?' I sit in silence for a couple minutes and listen, just when I think no one is going to answer I hear a warm melodic voice call out 'hello Spirit, I been waiting for you to wake, you sleep long time after healing been out almost five days.' The voice says in broken English. Five days? I've been out for five days? Oh crap! Aunt Saudi, what is she going to think? Wait, healing? 'What do you mean healing?' I ask very confused with a light chuckle the voice calls out again 'your stab wound, I heal it, still going to hurt very bad for a while though, it extremely close to your heart.' My stab wound? Quickly I pull off my dirty blood covered tank top not caring if the whoever was out there saw anything, as I gaze at my chest I realize that my wound is indeed healed there's not even a trace of a scar where the knife had went in. 'You did this?' I asked in astonishment 'thank you so very much, but why would you do this for me, I don't even know you.' 'I Tobin he says stepping into the cave' bloody hell; I think, you're a troll. 'You're an umm' I stutter to speak no one meets a troll and lives to tell about it. 'I troll' he states firmly with a vicious looking smile that could make dairy sour. Tobin adds 'you a Fay which means we related, trolls always protect what is there's; I've been watching you since you come here 15 years ago with mother.' He states with a happy smile on his face. 'Fay?' I say dumfoundly 'no I'm sorry I think you have me confused, I mean yes I did get dropped off here by my mother when I was one but I'm not a fay, I'm a Nymph.' I know I'm rambling but hells bells what did you expect me to say when Tobin brings me here heals me and then tells me I'm not what I thought I was. 'you Nymph, but you also Fay; I take you to family they say we related but you not stay in the house cause you smell bad, make rest of house smell bad too.' He states with an odd quirk to his face. Looking at him now, I kind of find him cute minus the sharp teeth and vicious look he sports; however he is only a couple inches shorter than me and looks to be around my age his sandy blonde hair falls over his bright orange eyes and he's kind of chubby, it's absolutely adorable. As I'm lost in my wonder over Tobin I didn't notice him move or come sit next to me on the bedding. As I come back to my senses I fall onto the cold hard rock of the cave floor with a startled yelp; this action however causes pain to shoot straight thru my stab wound and causes me to cry out in pain. Tobin touches my arm and the pain recedes enough for me to climb back onto the bedding with his help. 'I not mean to startle you' he says in a small voice 'I just want be near you' 'Tobin' I say firmly 'look at me' his sad orange eyes look into mine which start to tear over 'it wasn't your fault; I wasn't paying attention you can come sit next to me anytime. You saved my life thank you.' I smile and brush the hair back from his eyes and give him a peck on the cheek. 'You mean it?' he asks excitedly 'always' I state firmly, this of course makes his smile grow even wider and the excitement in his eyes was definitely worth falling off the bedding for. 'Stay with me Tobin?' I ask as my eyes are already starting to close 'always' he replies firmly. With that I smile and dream of the beautiful orange eyes troll who stood up for me, and saved me.