~*One*~

~*Mia*~

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

7:36 A.M.

The first day of school. Am I excited? No. Should I be excited? Yes, because I’m a senior now. But that doesn’t make anything better. Sure, I have one year left then I’m done with this crap hole. But I still have to face the immature idiots and dumb teachers for the next nine months. That’s a long time…  Anyway, I think it’s so stupid that we have school for only one day and then we have the next two days off. I mean, Why not start the next week instead?

I sigh as we pull into the school’s student parking lot. Still looks the same as ever; shitty. I gather my things before stepping out of the car. I shut the door and hear the locks click as Julie locks her car.

Julie’s my best friend. I’ve known her since the seventh grade and we’ve been inseparable ever since. Sure, we got into major fights at times, but we would always be able to work things out… Well, actually, her step-brother, Max, would usually make her apologize to me because she’d be the one to always start the fights. I never really admitted that to her because she’d get all defensive and disagree with me which would, yes, start an argument.

But anyway, we stick together through thick and thin. I just wonder what would happen when we go our separate ways after this year.

I do admit that I will miss some of the people here. Julie isn’t my only friend here and there are some people who I’ve really gotten close to over the years. To think about it, there might be a slight chance that I’ll miss the school itself… Eugh, what am I saying?

“Come on, Mi! Walk any slower than that and we’ll be late to our first class on the FIRST DAY.” Julie called as she continued walking.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. You see, I’m not what you would call a goody two-shoes, but I’m not a rebel either. I do my work… Sometimes. I don’t talk back to the teacher, but I do text in class… I think you get the point.

Anyway, I was finally able to catch up to Julie. She stood in the doorway, looking at her schedule.

“What class do you have first?” I ask, as I search for my schedule, only to remember that I left it on my dining room table. I mentally curse myself out for being such an idiot. And I put it right by my bag too! How could I have forgotten?

“Physics,” She replies, “What about you?”

“I don’t know,” I mumble, “I left my schedule at home.”

Julie laughs, “That is so like you…”

I sigh in response. Well, at least I remember what number my locker is and its combination. “I’ll go to guidance after I find my locker… I’ll see you later?”

“Yeah! Hey, what lunch period do you have?” Julie asks.

“Last time I checked, I think it said fifth… I don’t know, I’ll text you once I get my schedule.” I reply. She nods and gives me a quick hug before walking off.