Prologue

Thank you, @LovelyTeaTW for the new book cover! <3

Prologue

6:00 A.M

Mia dragged her feet along the cold surface of the floor. She entered her bathroom and turned on the light, squinting her tired eyes at the sudden brightness. She stared long and hard at her tired face in the mirror; her eyes bloodshot from just waking up and her lips pulled into a frown. She wasn't really one to wake up in a good mood, unless something was to happen that day. But to her dismay, she knew that nothing good was to happen today. She'd just get to school, learn about the same boring topics she's learned for the past six years, see her friends and then come home. 

Eugh. Mia thought to herself as she stepped into the warm water. She began to think about college, where she wanted to go, and what she wanted to do. You see, Mia is now a senior in high school, and with one year left, she'd need to start making plans... And quick. Believe it or not, the school year went pretty quick last year, so this year may be quicker... 

After about ten minutes, Mia got out of the shower. She wrapped the warm towel around her body and walked out of the bathroom. Going over to her drawers, she put a hand up to her chin, concentrating on what only options of clothes she had. Since it was a bit chilly out in New York today, she decided on a long sleeve shirt. She threw on a pair of jeans, put on her jewelry and brushed out her long, dark brown hair. Mia walked back into her bathroom, to be met once again with her dark brown eyes in the mirror. They didn't look as tired anymore, so she decided to add a little eyeliner and mascara onto them; nothing too major. She wasn't really into make up, but she only wore a necessary amount for when she had to go to a special occasion. 

By the time she was finished getting ready completely, it was now almost time for Mia to leave for school. She groans internally and sees her friend pull up in her driveway. Ready to begin the first day at hell...