Kidnapped Chapter Seventeen

A/N: here's the next chapter I promised! my Wi-Fi is being really slow so I can't answer to your comments, I see them though, I'm not ignoring you haha Kay enjoy! vote and comment!! thanks :)

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

We step into elijahs room and look around. I've already checked the cabinets when I first got here but it wouldnt hurt to try again. 

"I'll look under his bed," jess says. I walk to the cabinets and begin to open them, sticking my hand in and moving it around feeling for a opening or something. I move to each cabinet and do the same and once again find nothing. I walk behind the dresser and slowly move it forward so I can see behind it. There's nothing. Frustrated,  I move the dresser back making sure I don't knock over the tv. I get on my hands and knees and search under the dresser, sticking my hand under and feeling around for anything. 

Nothing. 

I stand up and look at Jess. She has the covers all over the place and she's currently trying to move the top matress onto the floor. I walk over to her and help her push it off. Once we do, we stare at the bottom part of the bed set. The matress with the springs and coils. There, in the center is a piece of cloth spread out. It's pinned to the bed with safety pins.  Slowly jess climbs on the bed and removes the safety pins revealing a hole cut into the matress. Jess sticks her hand in, and looks at me, a look of hope in her eyes. She searches around for what felt like years but was only a couple seconds when her hand stops moving and she pulls something out.

There in her hand, is the answer to our prayers. 

She holds a small, black handgun that scares me just by looking at it. Jess, on the other hand, maneuvers it expertly. She clicks something and something circular sticks out of the gun, I see the bullets and my eyes go wide.

"Jeez, he has it fully loaded," jess says disgusted. 

"Okay, so we found it. Now what? Do we put it back?" I ask.

"Well, that's what I had originally planned but there's no way one of us can distract him while the other moves the matress and grabs the gun. It'll take too long, he's too strong. We need to hide it somewhere else, and hope that he doesn't come looking for it before we get a chance to escape." I nod, glad that jess has thought this through quickly. 

"Where should we hide it?" I ask. I look around looking for a good place. "How about downstairs?" I think about how it looks downstairs and see that there's no good hiding place. If we hide it under a cushion of one of the couches, we risk Elijah sitting on it and feeling it. 

"No, we should leave it here somewhere. Oh, how about behind the dresser?" Jess says. she climbs off the bed and walks to the dresser. She kneels behind it and places the gun not to close to the center, but not to close to the edge. The shadow of the dresser causes it to look black under the dresser so you can't notice the gun. We stand back inspecting it from every angle of the room trying to see if we can spot it. We can't. Its completely hidden thanks to the shadow. We laugh in relief and then turn to the bed. Jess climbs back on the bed and places the cloth over the hole,  securing it with the safety pins. After she's sure it's exactly how it was, we begin to move the matress off the floor and on top of the other. We fix up his sheets and pillows and then clean the rest of the room. We stand by the door looking in his room and it looks spotless, not a thing out of place. We have a chance of getting out of here. I'm going to see my family and friends again! I'm so excited I dont hear jess talking to me. She pulls my arm and drags me to our room.

"Elijah's back!" She whispers, "and he's not alone!" 

"What," I say shocked. We stand at our door listening and sure enough we hear to male voices downstairs.

"They're a beauty," I hear Elijah say.

"I bet they are, can't wait to see which ones mine!" The other male says. I gasp and step away from the door. What the hell?! That's Elijah's other plan?! To give one of us away? Like if we're merchandise? That stupid idiot! I can't wait till I see him dead! 

I'm so angry, I feel tears spring to my eyes. I look at jess and her fists are clenched so tight, her knuckles are white. 

"This. Ruins. Everything!" She whisper-shouts, "how the fuck are we supposed to fight off two guys?" She throws her hand up in frustration and heads to our bed. She  plops face down and sinks her face into the pillow. I walk over and lay down next to her. 

"We'll figure this out," I say, "we have an advantage, we know where the gun is. It's fully loaded too. A good shot to their fucking heads or chests and we're good." 

Jess lifts her head and looks at me. I see tears falling down her cheeks and she looks so sad. She slightly shakes her head and puts her head back down. I stand up and walk back to the door, closing it quietly. It's late now so hopefully Elijah will wait until tomorrow to introduce us to his friend. I climb back into bed and pull the covers over us. Jess has turned to her side, facing opposite of me and I can hear her quiet sniffles. She was so excited earlier and now her hopes have been crushed once again. 

I lay in bed for the longest. I hear Elijah finally head upstairs but I only hear one set of footsteps. Either his friend left or he's sleeping on the couch. Thank God we didn't decide to hide the gun there. After I hear Elijah's door close I continue to stare at the wall. 

All of a sudden I get a funny feeling in my stomach, I don't know how to explain it, it feels so weird. I still haven't gotten my period and I'm still throwing up and dizzy. 'Please dear lord, don't let me be pregnant' I beg. I turn to my side facing jess who is now sleeping soundly. I don't know what I'd do if I was pregnant. How could I look that child in the face? It'd be my constant reminder of the terror I've faced here just like jess's scars are. I know it's not the child's fault and I'd never consider abortion, but I don't want to carry a child and then have to give it away either. It'd save me so much trouble if I just wasn't pregnant. 

I think back to the guy Elijah brought today. Elijah is more sick and twisted than I thought. It sickens me to think that either me or jess could have to do whatever that guy wants. Why would Elijah do this to us? I have a feeling it'll be me who'd have to go with the guy. Elijah "loves" jess, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't just hand over to some guy and let him have his way with her. That gun is the only thing I'm clinging to, my hope. It'll be twice as hard but we just need to plan this out differently now. 

There's no way we aren't getting out of here. I will get out of here even if it's the last thing I do.