Kidnapped Chapter Fourteen

A/N: first off, a huge shoutout to @kkmillyy23 for the new 'Kidnapped' cover. I love it!!! if any of you need a cover for your story, kkmillyy23 is the person to ask lol this is kind of a short chapter, I just wanted to have a chapter with jess and her thoughts on the situation, enjoy don't forget to vote and comment!!!! The story went from number 4 to number 7 on the horror what's hot list :/

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Jess POV

I watch Alex pace back and forth, thinking. Its so weird looking at her, it's like I'm constantly looking in a mirror. It'll definitely take a while to get used to this. I see her face light up for a second and then she goes back to pacing around the room. I don't have the heart to tell her that I've lost all hope of escaping. I've accepted that this is my life now. I close my eyes and rest my head on the headboard, thinking back to the damn night when he took me.

*Flashback Begins*

I'm sitting under my little home-made roof, just staring into the fire I've made. The cardboard my roof is made of, softly sways as the cold wind of the night blows by.I'm wearing the jacket Mrs Martha, the lady who lives in the apartment complex, kindly gave me. If it was up to her she'd let me stay with her, but her husband is a grouchy old man who calls me names when she's not around. I don't mind though. Mrs Martha does enough for me and I couldnt be more thankful. 

As the night goes by, the fire I made slowly begins to die down. I pick up some sticks and throw them in, watching the fire grow again. I'm alone tonight. My friends Chris and Sasha are out for the night doing what we hate to do but have to. I feel really guilty about robbing people. I know they're innocent, but I need money for food. I can't constantly depend on Mrs Martha, she has her own child to feed. I pray for forgiveness every night and hope that the good Lord forgives me. I lean back in the mattress I found and share with Chris and Sasha, happy that I have it to myself tonight. I wrap myself in the warm blankets Mrs Martha bought me and I'm dozing off when I hear a branch snap.

I freeze, listening for another noise. It's hard to hear over the crackling of the fire. I dismiss the noise and assume it's a rat or a possum. I lean back and begin to doze off again. A few minutes later I hear the noise again. This time I grab my kitchen knife I stole from Mrs Martha (she'd never let me take one) from under the matress and I slowly stand up.

The alley I'm in is located between two apartment buildings. This is where the dumpsters are located. There's two huge dumpsters a couple feet away from where my "home" is set up. I wrap my jacket tighter around me, the knife in my right hand is in position if I need to use it. I debate on whether I should ask if anyone's there. I decide not to. I slowly walk up to the first dumpster, my heart thumping so fast. I take a peek on all sides of the dumpster and finish with the side farthest from me. Nothing. I sigh in relief and continue to the next one. I walk slowly again and begin to take a peek. As soon as I do, I see a black figure lunge at me. I swing my knife but I wasnt fast enough. They tackle me to the ground so hard, I felt myself drop the knife as the air whooshed out of me. I gasped for air but my mouth was met with what felt like cloth. I continued to try and breathe but I barely could. I struggled with all my might. Punched and kicked till I couldnt breathe anymore. I felt my face getting warmer, then my whole body. I began to feel sleepy, so sleepy. I felt myself slowly stop struggling and my eyes close as I fell unconscious.

I awoke feeling really light headed. My head was throbbing and my throat was dry. The events from the night before came crashing down on me and my eyes flew open, Any trace of sleep gone from my eyes.

Ohmygod Ohmygod Ohmygod. No no no no. That's all I can think. This cant be happening to me. Oh my god. 

I'm tied up in a chair. My hands are tied behind my back, there's a rope tied around my chest and another rope tied around my feet. I'm sitting in a corner of what looks like a bedroom. A weird bedroom, everything is white. I try to loosen myself but I just make the knots tighter.

Ugghhh!!! 

Im getting frustrated. I sit in that chair for what feels like hours waiting for this coward to show his face. Finally, i hear a key enter the lock and the door opens.

I feel the color drain from my face and my heart drop to my stomach.

"You?!"

*Flashback Ends*

I shiver at the memory of when I saw the random cute guy who had said I was beautiful standing at the door looking at me sheepishly. I cant believe he turned out to be a crazy delusional psycho who took me against my will and raped and tortured me.

I guess what they say is true. Never judge a book by its cover.

"Heellooooo," I hear a frustrated Alex say. I snap out of my thoughts and look at her.

"Sorry, what?" I ask.

"I'm going to make something to eat, do you want anything?" She asks. 

"No, I'm fine. Thanks" I say quietly. I haven't had an appetite since I got here. Alex eyes me with a worried look on her face.

"You have to eat something jess, you have to be strong for when we take on Elijah!" Her enthusiasm is amazing. I hope it doesn't die down. She's so excited about getting out of here, I hope she does. I don't care if I do or not, but she still has a chance at a happy life. She has a family and friends who must miss her tremendously. Meanwhile I have no one. So I don't care. 

"I guess I'll just take a sandwich," I say to make her happy. She smiles, content, and walks out the door and downstairs. I sigh and look around the room. Didn't think I'd see this place so soon. I wonder where Elijah is? He hasn't come in to check on me or something. I'm not complaining though, the less I see him, the better. 

I poke at the gauges on my wrists. I've never contemplated suicide. I've had a tough life and I've been through so many things and not once did I want to end my life. I've gotten shot at, I witnessed my parents murder, I've been raped, I've been homeless, and I've been in plenty of fights.This takes the cake, I guess. I still want to die. I probably won't try to again only for Alex. 

If I was by myself, I'd be in that bathtub bleeding to death once again. 

A/N: Kay u guys, vote vote vote and let me know what you think!