Chapter Twenty Six

"Couldn't ask for more."

"All it take is a moment."

Iris groaned inwardly as she woke up with a heavy head and with the constant clattering of things which had obstructed her much needed sleep. Even after relentlessly rolling on her bed and burying her head in the pillow, she could not drift back to sleep. She peered around the room with one eye opened to see the source of the noise and oddly found it coming from her bathroom. She thought it's better to confront the person who just had the audacity to disturb her not so good sleep with this freaking noise of a shower.

She walked over to her bathroom lazily but with sheer determination to kill the very person but halted in midway when she didn't hear Veronica singing there. One of her many childish traits.
With a sigh, she put her hands on her hips and frowned. No one usually uses her washroom which was at the other end of the hall. She walked closer to the door and put her ear on it to listen, anything, but found it ghastly quiet. The shower had stopped running. She retreated her steps out of caution as she heard the footsteps approaching her or maybe the door. Whatever this was, it was awkward, she never had caught someone using her bathroom illicitly before. She was feeling weird and her gut was stating the obvious. There was no one in the house besides them, or maybe she was hallucinating because of her lack of sleep. Musing for a full minute, she put the latter to rest.

'No I am not hallucinating. Someone's definitely in there, but who?'

She questioned while moving backwards as her back got hit by the table placed in the center of her room, between her bed area and of bathroom. The chinaware vase kept on it tumbled. Instantly her hands shot out to steady it and she stopped it from falling on the floor, but before she could take a breath of relaxation, she heard the knob of the washroom click.
She turned around with narrow slits to see the culprit. But left fazed as her gaze fixed on the figure standing in front of her, she shrieked in horror and stumbled back, registering the fact that Derek walked out of her bathroom, half naked with explicitly hot sculpted body, totally drenched in water and his hair disheveled on his forehead, half covering his eyes.

'O My! My!' she could feel her conscious swooning somewhere from the back of her head.

"Weren't you supposed to be sleeping?" Derek frowned and held his hand out to help Iris who had fallen straight on her butt.

Iris shook her head, ignoring Derek's hand and stood up.

"What are you doing here? Why haven't you left?" She asked trying to maintain eye contact, which was BTW, one hell of a tough task because of the guy standing in front of her totally half-naked.

"I stayed..." Derek shrugged as he ran his hand through his hair causing the droplets of water falling out from it to drop on his already drenched body and racing down to his smoldering body.

"Why?" Iris asked as she crossed her hands on her chest, resisting the urge to stretch her hand out to follow those droplets travelling on his body and to have a chance to ravish it thoroughly with her now not so virgin eyes.

"Because Veronica requested." Derek answered as he noticed Iris heaving a bit and her gaze flickering between his eyes and then his body. She was trying so much to hide it but Derek saw through it.

Iris breathed out as now she gave in to her desire to see Derek shamelessly and was left astonished as how sleek but handsome he was.

"I am sorry to interrupt your sleep but the water in my bathroom ran out."