Chapter Two

"Iris."

"Everything I am made of is more than flesh and bones. It's a universe that I hold beneath my gaze and I choose to show it you."

"Iris, let's go."
Veronica barged into Iris's room and tapped her foot impatiently.

"Stop being so dramatic." Iris rolled her eyes and looked herself in the floor length, and applied the last coat of ginger lipstick on her lips.

"Enough of you, now. I mean we are already late because of you and your boyfriend." Veronica said with a tinge of annoyance clearly visible in her voice. Faking anger, she came towards me stomping her feet on the ground and dragged me out of my dorm. "Besides, its our last party before the semesters and then finally, finally we will be over this student shit."

"Ver, sometimes I think you should have joined those clubs, who tried to approach you. All those drama clubs and all," I playfully nudged her by the side.

She just rolled her eyes.

"Don't overreact Ver, its not like you didn't enjoy your student life. You had your sweet boyfriend by your side this whole time. And by the way, I too am desperately waiting for the day."
I gave her a sickly sweet smile at which she blushed and replied to me just by, "Shut up."

"So where are we going?" I asked as we moved towards the cab which had arrived already.

"The Night Life," Veronica stated as we got into the cab.
She is beautiful, her blonde hair flowing on her back just like mine except the colour difference, I have raven black hair. She is wearing this sweet red dress that compliments her body and beautiful grey eyes perfectly and of course, she is wearing makeup. Its not that I am those kind of girl who can't go anywhere without makeup but still sometimes its just important.

"Will Jason be there?" I asked as I took out my iPhone to check myself, safely climbing after Ver in the cab.

"Of course." she answered giggling.
I reply back with a small smile. I mean, these guys are dating since pre-teens but if you look at them now, they will probably seem like they started dating a week ago. They both looked like those couples at café who just can't stop grinning at each other.

"What about Shane?" She asked as she sits facing me.

"He has a test tomorrow and I don't know why we are going to club on Wednesday." I said throwing my arms up in frustration.

"You and your boyfriend? Will always be a nerd. I mean its his last year in business school and then he will get off to help his father in their family business. His whole future is served for him in a silver plate. I just don't know, why he bothers about all this," she said as she checked her phone.

"Because he wants to build his career not with anyone's help and we are not nerds. We are just focused on our career." I said rolling my eyes.
Though I am aware of the financial status of Shane. Ver is right. Shane is the heir of the Mason Group of Companies, one of the few enterprises which have reached heights and is working globally. But he doesn't want to be a part of it. He clearly doesn't want everything served to him on a silver platter. He wants to build his own company. He wants to start from the scratch. Well, he is just like that, that's what I love about him. Well it's one of the many things that I love about him. We have been dating since high school. Even college didn't part us because we both got what we wanted and here we are, years later, in the same city.
I will be finishing my law from Harvard and he will be finishing his business from Harvard. And soon we will move in together. I mean my life is kinda how I wanted it to be. Perfect.

"Earth to princess. Iris enough of your fairy world. Stop zoning out on me," she paid for the cab and we moved out of it and moved to the entrance.