Chapter 19

Katie's Point of View

"Blahhh," I groaned, laying my head against the cold sink. I had been getting sick everyday for the last week.

"Aunt Kate?" Lily called from outside the door. I had been watching her and Claire when I had gotten sick.

"I'll be right out, sweetie," I said, my voice breaking. I flushed the toilet and washed my hands.

I slowly made my way into the living room when suddenly the door flew open, and Ian burst threw. His black eyes scanned the room and narrowed when they found me. He strode over to me and took me in his arms.

Lily ran over, phone in hand. That must have been how Ian had found out.

"Uncle Ian! Uncle Ian! It was so scary! Auntie Kate just up and ran from the room, and then we heard her getting sick!" Lily and Claire rushed out, talking at the same time.

Ian pulled away in order to look at me. His hands rested on my waist, his eyes piercing mine.

"What happened? Are you sick? I knew you didn't feel well! I'll get the pack doctor!" He muttered to himself.

"Ian!" I attempted to get his attention. He kept muttering to himself until I hit his arm. "Ian! I'm fine! I just ate something bad!"

Ian calmed a bit when I touched him, and sniffed my hair. Taking a large whiff, he stiffened. I tried to turn when, suddenly, Ian lifted me in his arms.

"Ian, what...?" I trailed off when he ran into our bedroom, gently laying me on our bed.

I tried sitting up, but Ian quickly helped me back down.

"Angel, I need you to lie down for me," Ian said, smoothing my hair back. Now, he really was freaking me out.

"Ian, what's going on?" I demanded, pushing his hands away. Well, more like I tried to push his hands away.

"Nothing yet angel," he whispered soothingly. A knock at the door interrupted us.

"Enter!" Ian's voice boomed. The pack doctor walked in along with two small figures.

"Alpha, Luna," Doctor Miller nodded his head in respect. "What seems to be the problem?" Ian and his face changed, and I knew that they were mind linking.

I waited impatiently for them to finish their annoying mind conversation. I huffed and crossed my arms.

"So Luna," Dr. Miller began,"Alpha tells me that you've been ill?" I turned to glare at Ian, then turned to smile sweetly at the doctor.

"I have no idea what Ian's been blubbering about, but I can assure you that I'm perfectly fine," I said, sickly sweet.

Lily and Claire climbed up on the bed next to Ian. Doctor Miller chuckled slightly and made his way over to my side.

"Well, Alpha just wants me to be sure," he informed me, taking my pulse.

He sniffed slightly and froze. A wide smile spread across his face, and his eyes met Ian's. Ian's eyes widened and a sparkle shone through.

"Luna, you were sick for a reason," Dr. Miller informed me, smiling. "You're pregnant."

My heart stopped for a short second. I was pregnant. I was having Ian's baby. A mini Ian. Ian and I were going to be parents. In nine short months I would be holding a small bundle in my arms.

"Katie, baby?" Ian whispered, stroking my cheek. "You okay?" I nodded, looking up at him. I grinned at him.

"We're having a baby," I said slowly. Ian smiled widely, happiness radiating through his entire body.