Chapter Thirty-Six

a/n: I most recently make an ask.fm account, so if you want to talk or have any questions about my stories, me, or even random crap in general – feel free to ask me (no pun intended)! My username is the same as on here ; taintedkissesxo – the link is in my A B O U T if you're too lazy to search.

Thank you all for the 7k followers and Luciano is so close to 4 million reads! I never would've guessed we could reach that many.

P.S. IVE MISSED YOU ALL OMG. I'M JUST GONNA STALK MY COMMENTS NOW BYE.

- - - -

"You can try and take away from crown, but I will never let my kingdom down." – 'Crown', Empire Soundtrack

(p.s. sorry for any grammar errors)

- - - -

War. That was what this was.

Everything seemed to slow for an uncountable amount of time. The thunder that echoed across the sky outside seemed to last longer than usual, the lightening seemed to light up the sky a few seconds longer than normal, and the rain only seemed to hit the car sporadically – yet, in reality, time hadn't slowed, but my mind had. It was all an illusion my mind was portraying; nature hadn't slowed at all, but truthfully, I wish it would. Hundreds of thoughts raced through my mind, all pertaining to the threats that Peter Corinelli had spat in Liam's face just a few moments before.

The sound of lighting crackling and thunder booming outside was dull and quiet, pushed to the back of my mind in an attempt to concentrate on my thoughts; however, the car's engine was loud in my ears as Liam floored it, his driving clearly distracted by the same man that was on my mind. Neither of us had uttered a word to each other since we had seated ourselves comfortably for the ride home and I wasn't complaining.

Liam didn't seem to be in the mood to talk. He kept his left hand loosely around the wheel, his right clutching the gearshift. I couldn't help but notice the deathly grip he had on it, his knuckles indicating it by their turning of colors; from tan to white. His lips were also pursed in a line, unmoving; and the constant movement of his jaw helped me believe that he was focusing hard on whatever was running through his mind. And if I felt like I had a lot going through my mind, I could only assume he had ten times more.

"He's always been jealous," The words struggle to escape through the thin opening in Liam's lips, his jaw locked. Hatred dripped and hung off of every single word. "Peter has always been jealous, ever since I took over for Michael. He just couldn't fathom how a young, 18 year old could build a family back up and be as successful as I am today." Liam lets out a long, frustrated sigh before repositioning his hands on the wheel. "It also doesn't help that he's struggling, financially.

I shook my head, propping my elbow up between the window and the cars passenger door. I rested my head against my closed fist and angled my body as well as I could in Liam's direction, my seatbelt being the reason I was temporarily uncomfortable. "I thought this was about me and the money that I do not have."

"It is." All I could do was quirk an eyebrow at Liam's short response, pushing him to continue. He glances over at me quickly, clearing noting my dissatisfaction with his answer. Luciano lets out another long, exaggerated sigh. "Whether you have this money or not, I truly don't believe Peter cares anymore. All he sees is money; power and money." Liam stretches out his fingers, regaining his knuckles lost complexion caused by the grip he held the steering wheel and gearshift with. "He knows I care about you and whether you have this money or not, he will make money if he takes you – because he knows damn well that I would do anything to get you back." I nod in understanding. "And if getting you back means paying a shitload of cash, I would do so."