Chapter Twenty-Four

A/N: I literally laugh way too much at you all's comments; they are seriously the best thing. Here's a mini treat at the beginning of the chapter! Unless I state otherwise, this book is written in Faith's POV - just for future reference.

P.P.S - This is mainly a chapter full of fluff and love and our favorite trio. And silent readers, you all should come out and join the commenting party. Haha!

P.P.P.S - Please don't get accustomed to these like 2 day updates! I'm on a break right now, so hopefully I can ink another chapter out before it's over!

[ edited, while cringing, bye ]

- - - -

| Liam Luciano's POV |

I love walks; simply because I love being by myself - at least, some times. I like getting away from the dipshits I call my friends and go somewhere quiet, even if it's only for a few minutes. Tonight was the first night I had ever even considered asking someone - who was Faith - to join me for the walk. If I had actually thought about it, I might not have said anything - but the words were already spilling out of my mouth before I could take them back.

I would be lying if I didn't say I was sad she didn't join me.

Beads of sweat were sticking to my forehead by the time I re-entered the house, about 15 minutes later. The walk hadn't lasted as long as I wanted, but it was enough to clear my mind. I head straight to through the quiet first floor of the house, reaching the kitchen in only a few strides. I didn't head upstairs until I had a sealed bottle of water pressed against my forehead.

I hit the second floor landing and immediately stop. Rico was standing just a few feet outside my bedroom, his back towards me. He was peering forward, looking towards the end of the hall where Melanie and Michael's bedroom resides.

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but. . .

"Rico? What the hell is wrong with you?"

Never had I seen Rico jump out of nervousness, and tonight wouldn't be one of those times. I could never say this out loud, but I was impressed with Federico's maturity. He was one of those that came off ignorant and he played the role well, but when he needed to be serious, he could be. He did his job, no questions ask; he was trustworthy.

He looks at me quickly over his shoulder, a perplexed look on his face. "How much time do you have?"

Most of the time, he said stuff that was worth listening too. Right now, was not one of those times. With him, you had to pick and choose what you determined to be relevant. I snort quickly, then my eyebrows connect. The hallway was dark, quiet, and there was no sign of Faith.

"Where is Faith?"

Even from here, I can see Rico biting his lip. His lips are just beginning to spread into a smile when I leaped forward. I was in no shape or form ready for games tonight.

He throws his hands up in a defensive manner, "She's apologizing to Melanie! I-"

"She's what?"

That generally pissed me off. Faith had absolutely nothing to do with the argument between the Wicked Witch of the West and I.

I, was at fault for allowing Rose to get hurt; not Faith. If I can lay eyes on both of those girls, then they are immediately in my care, my protection, and they are my responsibility. And I have absolutely no problem with that.