Chapter Nineteen

A/N: Wow, the response to the last chapter was amazing! You guys are the best! It'll be quite hard, but hopefully you all enjoy this chapter equally as much! I'm pretty sure I rewrote the beginning of this chapter five to seven times.

I apologize for any grammatical errors!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

edited, to the best of my ability.

~*~*~*~

I blink excessively at the amount of light that pours in from the shades of Liam's bedroom window. My legs are entangled in the silky sheets, while my arms are lodged underneath one of the softest pillows I had ever laid my head on. The spot on the bed where Luciano had once laid down to sleep was replaced with three different colored dress shirts and a belt.

Liam's bathroom door creaks open, and it wasn't until his knees practically hit the edge of the bed that I open my eyes wide. A white towel is thrown lazily over his head, partially covering his face. His neck is bent, his chin hitting his chest as he pulls his black slacks over his Calvin Klein boxers. Before fasting it, he raises his head and runs the towel over his hair repeatedly, before tossing it to the floor and finally making eye contact with me. He smiles.

"Good morning," His voice is deeper than usual, making me assume that he just woke up. My attention floats to the digital clock on the nightstand beside him; 7:03am.

"Morning," I mumble into my pillow, hiding a smile. Liam presses his lips together before tugging them into his mouth. For a moment, I watch him hover over his selection of dress shirts, eyeing them confusingly. I laugh, "Coral, for sure." He nods approvingly before sliding the dress shirt off its hanger and shoving his arms in the sleeves.

Four days have passed since the blowup with Liam and Michael. Melanie and Rosie had found their way around the house about a day ago, but that didn't make the situation any less awkward. At night, they would leave and stay in a hotel near the hospital Michael Luciano had been admitted in. The word on the street is, he is suffering from a broken nose and two non-fatal gunshot wounds to the leg.

I couldn't pinpoint what exactly had changed between Liam and I, but something definitely had. Day by day, he was a little more open than the last. Talking longer and hitting on deeper topics about Ellie that I had yet to hear. I told him that maybe if he talked about her it would help, and from what I could tell, it was. The steps he was taking in getting over the backstabbing bitch were small, but at least it was happening. In the end, I ended up telling him that I could be his imaginary therapist as long as he didn't lunge at me like he did the other one. That made him laugh; and so here, a few days later, we were.

"Are you nervous?" I found the creases in the bed sheets much more interesting as the question echoed up from my throat. He knew immediately what I was talking about; Ryan Costello's party, also-known-as the evening we were planning to kill him. Over the course of the last couple of days, not only were Liam and I busy talking about his past, but he was busy planning out an assassination that would make the entire world of business turn.

Not only are the Corinelli's, Costello's, and Luciano's involved in the mafia, but they are all linked to another life that the media knew about; the world of business. I have come to learn that each and every one of them had some type of business they were either running or planning to run. Liam had a string of resorts that belonged to him, whereas Ryan Costello was planning to open up a string of restaurants - that he thinks can challenge McDonald's and Wendy's. But it'll never happen. Why?

Because he's dying tonight.

"I'm not nervous," His reply is so even-toned I actually believe him. Liam buttons his shirt from the bottom up, and then he fixes his collar and throws a matching black tie around his neck, readying himself to tie it. He fiddles with a gold watch he picks up from his nightstand, before latching it around his wrist and fastening it.