Secrets of the Assassin Revealed 7

Gentry found out that there was an attic and Diego found the basement. We all slep in the rooms upstairs because there was a room for each of us on that floor-and all of those doors locked-so it all worked out fine for us.

The only bad thing was that everyone knew about the newbies in the neighborhood, and they'd all convinced each other that we were orpahns because we were on our own, no adults, and we had a few moments when he had to stop and ask for help because we had no idea what we were doing. As it turns out the neighbor had some issue with three kids living on thier own so she took it upon herself  to become our surrorate mother.

I think we got like fifty pies from the other Assassins that lived here.

I'd always had a thing for books. I didn't generally prefer and genre, just give me a book to read and i'll read it. I wasn't picky. There was a library here, but it was not the library you'd expect. They were books that only people like us would need. Every section worse than the one before it

 I found like fifty books on how to make your own gags-there was an entire section for that but I didn't see that-and it freaked me out big time. I mean, come on. I knew what a gag was, I'd had to gag people, and in a few weird occasions i'd ended up being that gagged one, but this just scared me. It was a whole SECTION with books on how to gag people. That was kind of creepy to me. I got out of that section and moved on to another one.

The next section was probably even worse. It was full of a million books on how to torture people. Physically and mentally. I ended up looking through some books for some reason that I can't explain. I just did. Apparently there was a shop around a block from here where you could buy these things so thats why they had to books in the library. The books had no pictures, but the descriptions were scarier than any picture that they could have drawn into that book. I was looking through one that was getting kind of graphic. If you gave some person a special drug, you could slice thier stomach open, and keep them alive throughout the pain, but the victim wouldn't die for a few days. It usually just lasted for an hour, but this drug would prolonge the agony for a week tops. That was the only one that wasn't graphic.

The section after that was just messed up. Apparently if you chopped off a limb from your victim, you could drug them and then give them prostetics. The book cliamed that the physcological affects of tha didn't o away because the victim woke up witout arms or legs. They woke up wth prosteticts, so they'd get rid of them when they could, then wallow in self-pity because they wouldn't be able to do anything, but they wouldn't go for prostetics again. That section went into detail on how to do that, where to buy the prostetics, how to hook them up to the body, the stuff that you needed to buy, and then at the end on a wall there was a list of doctors that would do it for you-assuming the limb was gone, they'd replace it with a prostetic-but you had to take the limb of first because they weren't going to do that. There was a note at the bottom that advised keeping the limb for further physcological torture-waving the arm/leg in thier face.

Then came the section on a bunch of famous Assassins and Physcologist arguin over the physcological effect of watching someone you loved or cared for in front of you. One book argued if the physcological effect was stronger if the second person was allowed to try and stop the murder, or if they had no way to intervien. The second book argued over if gags were worse than cutting out the persons tongue. The guy defending the gags said that the person could still talk, but the gag prevented speech. The second guy argued that the gag was temporary, and pointed out that once he tongue was ripped out it was kind of impossible to repair-and that a lot of speech depended on the tongue so the victim would have to live with that.

I could see Diego in the section abot the gags. Gentry was in a section I hadn't looked at yet. I think looking at that section was the biggest mistake that I made. It was full of examples of how to torture someone when strapped down to a metal table with all those fun shiny metal things doctors used when they ripped people open. I thing It would have helped if i'd hrown up, but the acid kept churning and bubbling in my stomach. It refused to come up. I even tried to make myself vomit. Nothing. I went to another section.

This section had to be written by doctors. What bones to break, what tendons to tear, what things you could rip out and stab, but keep your victim alive. It had a list of all the tendons, the ones in bold were the ones that were torn caused the most pain. Then came the bones. Limbs. Apparently you could actually stab someone in the head and they wouldn't die. You could shoot someone in the head and make it so that if any doctor tried to take it out that person would end up dead. It listed the gun you needed. The bullets you needed. Where you needed to shoot.

Apparently there were actually a couple dozen ways to burn someone alive. I read like two pages and then the smell of burning flesh made me run. I knew that there was no burning flesh, I knew it was just my reaction to the book, but its kind of hard to stop yourself from vomiting.

Lets just say that Russia was good at comming up with horrific torture and end it there.

Some guy got creative and re-invented the stocks.

Well guys, this is a library full of books that Assassins need. Now you know what Assassins read during thier spare time.

There were a few adults there as well. They started walking in around an hour after us. By some unspoken agreement we all converged in a random section. Three on one we'd still get our asses kicked or end up dead but it was a lot better than one on one. The adults wandered around, plucking books from the shelves and pausing to look over the contents of whatever book they'd grabbd to wonder if t was worth checking out. We knew that they knew that we were there, but they were ignoring us. The books were more important. For now at least. As long as it stayed that way we were safe.

We slipped out of that section. We went for the section with the least amount of adults. For a while we just left when an adult showed up. One of them nearly killed me for grabbing a book that apparently he'd been looking at. The librarian intervined and promised that if we ended up getting hurt they'd have to answer to her. The guy gave me a look of pure poison. I backed away in fear. The librarian shot him a glare. He glared back.

I slipped away and tried to stay away from the adults after that. I found out from Diego that Gentry had been stabbed by an adult that got mad at him for just being in that section and was now in the bathroom trying to make himself a tourniquet.

Diego and I went in search of something we could use for a tourniquet that the librarian wouldn't miss.

"Where is you friend?" A voice said from behind us.

We spun around. "He went to the bathroom." Diego and I said at the same time. It was the truth. Sort of.

She gave us a suspicious look and then marched into the mens room. A few people stared as she walked in there.

Gentry let out a scream from inside the mens room.

A moment later she pulled him out of there and demaded to know who had harmed him. I think I screamed. There was so much blood...She dragged him away then cleaned and bandaged his wound. She mad him swallow some pills for the pain, but he refused to swallow the pills that would supposeldy make his body start producing more blood to replace what he'd lost. She wouldn't take 'no' as an answer so she pulled out a syringe and injected him with it. After that she made him lie down. He didn't fight her this time.

She turned to us and asked us sweetly if we needed anything.

We both shook our heads.

She smiled at us and left.

We went back to looking at the books.

We left after Diego ran out of that library with some old lady chasing after him. Did I mention that the old lady had a bezuka?-buzuka? with her? Which is completly weird because the gun was longer than she was tall. I don't know what happened exactly but somehow we ditched the old lady.

We ran into-i'm serious, we ran into the freaking thing and we didn't see it until it was too late-someplace. When my eyes adjusted I would have screamed if I was a nomal person, but I wasn't. These things didn't scare me. I'd seen a lot worse.

Some poor bastard was getting his innards ripped out.

They didn't come after us because we were just kids and come on. this whole place is full of assassins. who's going to care that someone killed someon else?