Secrets of the Assassin Revealed 2

The lady actually laughed at us. "You don't have to pay." She said it like it was completly obvious.

All three of us just stared at each other. This was just so weird. None of us had seen any of this comming. I'd never thought that i'd run away from dad, and I didn't plan on bringing Diego and Gentry with me, but thats just how it had all worked out.

We went up to our room. There were three beds. That was cool. After we had figured out who was taking what bed we left to buy some stuff. There was stuff you could get here, but it was mostly Assassin stuff, but they also gave us normal stuff. Clothes, toothbrushes, all the normal things we needed. A guy even showed up to install some stuff into our computers.The program to track cell phones, create new I.D,'s and basically everything else we needed, as well as some extra fancy stuff that apparently came as an added bonus.

For some reason all the adults kept popping up to ask us if we needed any help with anything. I don't know what they thought of us, but no one knew who my dad was yet,. No one was really prying, it seemed like they were actally trying to help us, but none of us knew what to make of it.

Someone brought dinner up to our room. Gentry tried to pay for the meal but that lady refused and gave us the same line all the others gave us. We stopped trying after a while.None of us really knew where to start the search for my mom because we didn't know what my mom's actual name was. We were stuck.

The next day there was some talk about my dad. Aparently word had gotten out that i'd run away. No one connected it to the three of us because neither Gentry or DIego's parents reported them missing. We had our own version of a missing person's report and that stuff. I had to wonder why I was the only one. Why hadn't there parents said anything?

I asked them later if they'd told thier parents about this.

"No." They both said.

"I told my mom I was going hiking in the woods for a while, so she won't expect me back for about a month." Gentry said.

"I told dad I was going to Mexico. To get to know some of the Drug Lords over there and see how it worked so he won't expect me back for a while." Diego said.

The unspoken words hung in the air. My dad might end up tryign to kill us, and who kneww where the heck my mom was. Or if she was even still alive.

"They say his kid ran away." Someone said.

"DIdn't his wife go crazy?" Someone else said.

That made all three of us freeze. Could they be talking about my parents? Was mom in an asylum?

"No. She's not in a normal nut house. He put her tr there himself. Locked her up after he won the custody battle over the kid." A second guy said.

Now we all knew they were talking about my dad.

"Why did he go so far though?"

They switched to a language none of us was able to understand.

At some point they started asking questions, but they never really pried very hard. It was like they just wanted to figure out what had happened, but not all the details.

"We ran away because we needed some answers and apparently we're going to have to get them on our own." Gentry and Diego said at the same time.

"JInx you owe me a soda." I  said to them both.

"Whatever." They both said at the same time.

"Now you owe me the soda." They both said in sync again.

All three of us laughed again.

We would have left but the adults were all pretty much ganging up on us. We stayed a little longer, Diego was demented so he kept stealing food when no one was looking and hiding it. I think the adults caught on. They kept shooting up 'i caught you' looks when Gentry was looking in the other direction. Diego and I didn't know what to make of that one.