CHAPTER 7

Chapter 7 

My heart nearly stopped. I was beyond overwhelmed with what was happening in such little time! At the same moment, I began questioning if I should indulge in this new found passion, or if I should run from it. Nadim was troubled, and the last thing I needed was for someone who was unstable to come disrupt my perfect hell. 

I walked in to the coffee shop trying to hide my obvious joy. The adrenaline rushing through my body was intense. My friend was talking about her and her bullshit. I was so high up my own ass that I just didn't listen and gave the occasional ''Oh I can't believe that douche did that to you'' and went right back into my fantasy world. Nothing could ruin that moment for me. I was nervous about answering the text message. My head was flooded with questions and things like ''John, this guy PAYS for sex!'', ''He has changed. He is proving it to you'', and of course, the occasional ''don't fall for him. They NEVER change''. All these thoughts were very confusing and consuming. I chose to give all the bad thoughts the fuck you, and stayed with my fantasy. With MY fairy tale! 

After hours of pretending to be listening to my friend talking about her boy problems, I finally faked a phone call and said I had to leave. I had so much on my mind, and this bitch kept talking so much about her bum boyfriend that she didn't allow me to think in peace. Her negativity was just getting on my last nerve, and told her I had business to attend. Not giving a shit if she bought the lie or not, I got up, walked up to my car, lit a cigarette, and began driving across town. I stopped at a park and just sat, all relaxed. After meditating, AKA listening to Savage Garden's Truly Madly Deeply on the radio, I answered the text (trying to sound cool and not overjoyed) which read: 

''Nadim! I am so happy for you! Let's meet up for dinner! But come alone. I want to see you but don't bring anyone else. There is something I need to tell you!'' - SENT! 

''Oh shit!'', I yelled out loud! Why the fuck did I tell him I needed to tell him something! Oh shit, oh shit!! 

Another text message received. Nadim answered: 

''Yes, I will pick you up at 7! Johnny, I am so happy! I cannot wait to see you! '' 

Oh my heart skipped a beat! I was so high I felt as if I were on ecstasy. I immediately went home, tried on every single wardrobe! I had to look perfect. Took a long hour bath, and used half a bottle of cologne.  

All dressed up and ready to go, I look at my phone checking to see what time it was. I still had 10 more minutes till 7:00 PM. I sat down, trying to rehearse what I would tell him. Should I tell him the truth? Should I ask what we are? Or should I just keep quiet and allow him to initiate a conversation? I grab my pack of cigarettes and as I'm heading out to the balcony, I hear a car driving by, and parks outside. I reach out to get a closer look and it was Nadim. I check my phone again and see that its 6:58. I quickly throw away the cigarettes and hide! After two minutes, at seven o' clock on the dot, the phone rings. ''Hey, I'm outside!'' say Nadim. 

''I'll be out in a minute!'', I answered nervously. I sprayed another dose of Chanel's Allure and headed out.  

I get in the car and see Nadim all dressed up. My face blushes, and can't hide the excitement. I close the door and we take off.